Please share your favorite NO-LYE relaxer

JudithO

Hello people...

Relaxer time coming up in about 3 weeks... I'm a no lye girl.. Scalp is really tender. Please share your favorite.

I've used Precise - Normal in the past... I liked the results... Hair looked great... But looking back at my pictures, I wasn't retaining that much. (My hair was always rollerset.. No heat)

I recently used Syntonics No lye... Over processed in some areas, under in others... So I need you ladies to tell me... What is your favorite no lye relaxer?

I'm 4B, extremely fine hair.

irisak

I used optimum for about ten years straight. As a teenager I used super strength as a young adult I used regular and then I also used the mild strength after my second child drastically changed my hair. I only switched to what I use now because pre-lhcf I didn't know I could dilute the chemicals with oils and condish. Now I use a just for me texture softener.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
The best no lye relaxer of all time is Silk Elements. Gave me silky straight, soft and shiny hair every single time. I strayed quite a bit (it's the pj in me!) but always ran back to my beloved SE :love3:

JazziLady!

Design essentials sensitive scalp available on eBay or amazon. I'm also a fine haired 4b with a very sensitive scalp. It works great!

BraunSugar

When I relaxed, I used PCJ. It was the only one that didn't over process my hair or leave it brittle and dry. I used the one with the lady and the little girl on the box. Idk if they even still have that one anymore lol

sckri23

I love Motions and African Pride. I wanna try Triple Gro and JFM Texture Softener.

Also has anyone used Curlaway Chemical Free Relaxer- Curlaway Chemical Free Curl Relaxer gradually removes curl and eliminates frizz without damaging your hair. Gently relaxes without harsh chemicals or breakage * Non-Alkaline * No Harsh Chemicals * Gently Removes Curl and Frizz

MilkChocolateOne

When I relaxed, I used PCJ. It was the only one that didn't over process my hair or leave it brittle and dry. I used the one with the lady and the little girl on the box. Idk if they even still have that one anymore lol

I believe this is the lye formnula. Was it no mix?

Honey Bee

judy4all, I used to use Precise too... aww, memories, lol. I started using Vitale Sensitive scalp in college after being natural for a while. I'm a 4a/b with fine hair, fyi, and it got me bone-straight, too straight if you ask me. When I started texlaxing, I stuck with the same brand, but I believe its a new formula with olive oil or something. Anyway, I squirt about 1/2 oz of Aphogee 2 min and my hair is slightly textured but way healthier.

toinette

Tricking the president
when I was relaxed, I liked ORS Gentle/Normal. When I first started relaxing my stylist used Elasta QP on me but I dont know if it was lye or no lye. My har was banging though

SelfStyled

Cream of Nature Argan Oil, no burns, no tingles- leaves my new growth really shiny. It's funny because I love this a million times better than the Professional Affirm that I used to use.

BadMamaJama

I went from natural to relaxed in April and used Dark and Lovely for color treated hair. I really liked it because they have the mid protein step. I also chelated after I used nuetralized using ORS creamy aloe and my hair was niiiiice.

golden_goddess

Bumping
I'm looking for a new no lye relaxer because my hair isn't feeling this "new" affirm no lye. It's been leaving my hair rough & dry. Not silky and soft like the original.

JudithO

Bumping this... maybe it's just me, but did the optimum relaxer formula change? They have a new design on the box, and those boxes with the new designs have almost burned me each time. Never experienced this with the old box.

Any other favorites?