Please Tell Me Whyyy

GirlywithCurlies

My hair continues to break in only TWO places on my head! :mad: There are two 2 inch patches above my ear that remain broken off and chewed up looking while the rest of my head thrives?!?! I obviously use the same products on my entire head, I've switched up styles...from braids to half braids half sew in, to entirely natural, to phony pony. My hair has never done this before and I'm used to a shoulder length average without trying. My regime now is:

Wash weekly with Botanoil, DC ORS Pak for 30mins w/heat, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Fantansia IC w/ Smooth N Shine Activator Gel

Alternate bi-weekly with Mayo, Honey, Olive Oil Pre-poo and CPR Protein Reconstuctor.

Please Tell Me WHHHHHYYYYY!!!!!

TIA Ladies

caribeandiva

Human being
that might happen if you tie your hair in the same place every night. try alternating sides or stop wrapping your hair altogether.

MizaniMami

GirlywithCurlies said:
My hair continues to break in only TWO places on my head! :mad: There are two 2 inch patches above my ear that remain broken off and chewed up looking while the rest of my head thrives?!?! I obviously use the same products on my entire head, I've switched up styles...from braids to half braids half sew in, to entirely natural, to phony pony. My hair has never done this before and I'm used to a shoulder length average without trying. My regime now is:

Wash weekly with Botanoil, DC ORS Pak for 30mins w/heat, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Fantansia IC w/ Smooth N Shine Activator Gel

Alternate bi-weekly with Mayo, Honey, Olive Oil Pre-poo and CPR Protein Reconstuctor.

Please Tell Me WHHHHHYYYYY!!!!!

TIA Ladies

Do you wear glasses? If so check and make sure they don't snagg on your hair.

Also make sure you add extra conditioner to those parts. I actually have to reimd myself sometimes since I tend to neglect them.

GirlywithCurlies

Since I'm natural I don't wrap my hair...I use a silk bonnet where the elastic is not in contact with my hairline. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase. Can you think of any other culprits?

carolb21

I have the same problem and it was diagnosed as Alopecia areata. This condition is very common in blacks and orientals according to my dermatologist. Since joining the board, I have mine more under control by using extra moisture and not relaxing that area as much. My area is right behind my left ear. It thrives when I wear braids and now I am using ORS Fertilizing Serum or temple balm mixed with WGO and a little bit of Spirit of Canela. When mine is acting up the area tends to sting and itch. I keep my nape and this area really moisturized because I think the dryness makes it worst. You have to really watch this area, because it will be healthy and then the next thing you know it's bald. :( You may want to visit a dermatologist, there is a medicine, but it contains a lot of alcohol. Hope this helps. :)