Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 4b/ (or z) relaxed

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • 4b natural

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luckiestdestiny

After noticing the interest in the other thread, and some of the results, I started wondering about other details. This can add to the other observations in other threads on 3's and 4's. I'm 4a and Natural. I am not stating that one is better than the other. I am just curious which at this stage (BSL or longer) in their hair care is relaxed or natural. I am not trying to start a natural vs relaxer war, just trying to find out what everyone is doing with their hair. Anyone who is a combo, sorry I didn't put you in. Please vote anyways. For instance if you are 90% 4 please vote in that category. I wish there was more then 10 categories on a poll, and I didn't factor in combos. There's so many anyways so try to vote for the one you most fit. I do realize that your hair has its distinct qualities though.

Also here's a link to how the apls are stacking up! I left out 3a as I don't see many votes for that. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=392412
Thanks for your participation!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Come on! I've seen 15 views so far. Where are the bsl or longer ladies. Please participate. I'm anxious to see where we are in the lhcf community at this particular time ( I realize things change constantly but right now).

donewit-it

I'm natural with BSL hair. 4a I believe.

I must also add that I added BKT to my hair regimen which will help with retention.

HTH

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
majority 3c mbl transitioning - I voted 3c relaxed

Before I relaxed 5 years ago(& before I knew about hairboards), I grew my hair to full mbl with trial and error, patience & bi annual trims. Retention didn't seem to be an issue for me as long as I kept my hair from drying out and was gentle with it.

fyb87

I don't classify my hair type. However, I am natural with BSL beyond or MBL. I last straightened in May and it was BSL.

ETA: I have two different textures of hair. So I couldn't have voted for just one!

luckiestdestiny

I am none of the above.

You're getting there MSA! BTW I saw Tempest on some reality show (watched it for like five minutes before turning but got a good glimpse at her natural coils). Her hair was beautiful:grin:.

I was thinking of including APL, but I thought just as most are trying to achieve BSL or longer that we should see as a whole where the community is currently.

luckiestdestiny

Im 3b/3c/4a relaxed:look:
See this is exactly what I mean by the combo ladies. There's just too many possibilities for it! I wish I could include your exact combo. Please find the one that has MORE of your hair type unless they're all predominant at which point IDK! Thanks for letting us know where you stand w/ relaxed or natural.

luckiestdestiny

Could these figures be accurate? I know there's more of you out there. I really would like to know so we can estimate percentages of where we are at this point. It's encouraging to know that everyone is retaining no matter whether they are natural or relaxed...so far. I realize that all 3bs that voted now are natural (not relaxed) but the 3cs aren't that far behind vs 4 as. I realize it's not fifty fifty but it's still early in the game.
Also the 4bs are standing out now as more relaxed than natural at BSL. But there's only 4b votes.

So please anyone who is in these categories vote! I realize that their are separate threads devoted to just your type, but I would like to know how you stack up next to the other hair types, and how we as a community at this point are wearing our hair at the bsl and past stage. I am also incorporating a thread to tie in to this at APL to try to incorporate more people.