POLL: When Do You DETANGLE Your Hair (???)

When do you detangle your hair???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
When do you detangle your hair? When is the best time to detangle your hair? See poll above to vote. :bath2:

Last edited:

hOnii

i usually detangle before i even get in the shower. then i detangle my wet hair after i get out.

sweetcakes14

I detangle while I have conditioner in my hair with my Jilbere Shower comb. That was one of the best pieces of advice that I've gotten from the forum. My hair tangles very easily and when I would detangle my wet hair, I would always have hair in my comb, sometimes more than what I wanted to see. But now, I detangle either while the conditioner is in my hair or while I'm standing in the shower rinsing it out. Either way, I end up with maybe 2-3 hairs in my comb and there are no tangles while I'm setting my hair.

DangerouslyShy

Usually it depends on the state of my hair...

If I have alot of new growth I have to detangle before i shampoo...my hair is really thick and if I have an inch or two of newgrowth it has to be sprayed with leave in and than detangled with a wide toothed comb. Than shampoo and condition and I detangle again with the conditioner in my hair..

If I just got a relaxer or I dont have alot of newgrowth. I just shampoo, condition and detangle with the conditioner in my hair.

Isis

I do both. I detangle in the shower while rinsing off the conditioner and the after applying my leave-in.

aqualung

My 4b relaxed hair is too fine to detangle soaking wet. It just rips. This has happened in my shower at home and at the salon wash bowl.

I comb through it before showering and detangle afterward when the hair is just damp (~80% dry). Easy does it.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I detangle my hair after I get out of the shower usually, and sometimes with conditioner before I rinse.

O/T- I just discovered Suave For Kids Awesome Apple Detangler Spray Conditioner after I saw it on sale at Target for 99 cents. it allowed me to detangle with ease with 9 weeks worth of new growth with hardly any hair on the comb, and my hair is fine so it tangles very easily. I bought two bottles but I will be going back to buy about five more. :D

Neroli

I detangle when my hair is completely saturated with conditioner in 4 sections. I do so at this stage because its easier with the conditioner, I lose much less hair AND it makes rollersetting a piece of cake -- the comb glidges thru my hair by the time i get to leave-in and rollers . . .

Daisy'sHair

Since I have gone natural, I had to learn to detangle my hair while it's wet with conditioner or a concotion with mega slip. The regimen I have really been sticking to is a pre-shampoo detangle while I have the treatment on my hair. After all shampoo has been rinced clean I give my hair a sweep with maybe my Denman or my Medco Shower comb. Also I like to detangle after I throughly wash all of my deep conditioner out of my hair. Once a week when I wash my hair completely is when I detangle and this seems to cut back majorly on shedding and breakage.

Lately I have been detangling my hair in sections to add my leave-in treatment and then I will maybe band my hair to dry overnight and in the morning I detangle with my the pads of my fingers. Combing to style is okay for me ever now and then, but I never detangle while my hair is dry. :)

L

lkg4healthyhair

sweetcakes14 said:
I detangle while I have conditioner in my hair with my Jilbere Shower comb. That was one of the best pieces of advice that I've gotten from the forum. My hair tangles very easily and when I would detangle my wet hair, I would always have hair in my comb, sometimes more than what I wanted to see. But now, I detangle either while the conditioner is in my hair or while I'm standing in the shower rinsing it out. Either way, I end up with maybe 2-3 hairs in my comb and there are no tangles while I'm setting my hair.

I was going to say the same thing ;)

Dolapo

If i detangle with the conditioner still in my hair, i guess because my conditioner is thick, and my hair is fine, my hair breaks so i just detangle while im rinsing out the cond. standing right under the shower head. I guess the direction and strength of the shower blast helps. I also detangle after i spray my detangler then i add whatever leave in i want to

Jewell

I put Nexxus Humectress on my hair everyday in the shower, comb it thru and detangle with a wet comb. When I'm done with my daily CO wash, I detangle once again with a leave-in conditioner and S-Curl. I do both.

Sweet_Ambrosia

Neroli said:
I detangle when my hair is completely saturated with conditioner in 4 sections. I do so at this stage because its easier with the conditioner, I lose much less hair AND it makes rollersetting a piece of cake -- the comb glidges thru my hair by the time i get to leave-in and rollers . . .

Same here. :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
To answer my own question... :grin:

When I'm in the shower, I detangle with Jilbere Shower Comb and Suave Humectant or LeKair Cholesterol Plus in my hair straight back

When I'm out of the shower, I detangle with K-Cutter and Motions Nourish leave-in Conditioner in my hair in four sections (2 in front, 2 in back)

jaded_faerie

Since I have been stretching out my relaxer, I detangle after i put the conditioner in my hair and when im rinsing it out....

pressncurl

I used to detangle in the shower with my hair full of conditioner. But, I found that was taking entirely too long--and the hot water was running out :ohwell:. Now, I put in conditioner and detangle after showering. I lean over the side of the bathtub to rinse the conditioner out.

candibaby

I don't wash my hair in the shower..
but I detangle while I have conditioner in my hair (shower comb) and after I rinse it out.

Ayeshia

In the shower LOADED with conditioner...I will NEVER attempt to detanlge my hair when its dry, that's begging for a disaster

Allandra

I always detangle my hair prior to shampooing. When I shampoo my hair, I don't disturb it much (keep the length hanging down and scrub my scalp going down). After I put conditioner on my hair, I use my Jilbere comb to comb through my hair. Then I comb my hair again after rinsing out the conditioner. My hair gets a little tangled, but it doesn't get tangled a whole lot. Thank goodness.

A_Christian

I detangle after washing and conditioning. I wash my hair with a sprayer over the sink. Since I stopped piling my hair on top of my head when washing and now keep it hanging down as straight as possible, I hardly get any tangles. Detangling with a small amount of Humecto left in my hair also works well.

L

LaNecia

Allandra said:
I always detangle my hair prior to shampooing. When I shampoo my hair, I don't disturb it much (keep the length hanging down and scrub my scalp going down). After I put conditioner on my hair, I use my Jilbere comb to comb through my hair. Then I comb my hair again after rinsing out the conditioner. My hair gets a little tangled, but it doesn't get tangled a whole lot. Thank goodness.

Same here, only I don't have your length!! Not yet anyway! :)

c_octavia

I just comb through before i shower, try not to rough it up any. Then comb through the conditioner. Then I comb while rinsing.

Ashee

I do a continuous detangling daily via finger combing.
I only use my wide tooth combs when hair is wet or just relaxed.
I try not to brush my hair.

northernbelle

Allandra said:

This is the process which I follow.

northernbelle