Poll: Which is better for growth Surge or MTG?

Which has given you a faster rate of growth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tryn2growmyhair

Which product have you found to be more effective with growing hair? Surge or MTG? I only used Surge a few times and stopped because I was worried aboout what I had heard about it damaging people's scalp and hair. I have heard all the raves about MTG and remember that when I first came to this board, the raves are about Surge. So, which one helps hair to grow the fastest?

HoneyDew

I have never used them consistently enough to tell which may have helped more than the other. Right now, I am just letting nature (and good hair care) take over.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I used to use them both together and that doubled my growth. Surge also cut the smell of MTG for me, so it served a dual purpose. :) I'll be ordering Surge again soon. ;)

asummertyme

i only used surge a few times..it made my scalp peel these nasty huge flakes...really gross..so far with MTG..i have had no problems..my hair is growing like a weed... will post pics at the end of the month when i take out these braids...

blackbarbie

I find it hard to tell, but I have been using Surge for 3 weeks now and I have using MTG for 2 weeks. I use MTG at night on my scalp and use Vitapoint on my ends, pull it back in a bun and put a satin scarf on and go to bed. When I get up in the morninng, I use Surge on my scalp (in the same manner that I did the MTG the night before), moisturize my ends, pull in a bun and go. I have been washing once a week and I have "waves for days" underneath. I am 5 weeks post relaxer and trying to stretch to 12 and I really hope I will be able to do it because even at 5 weeks, the waves are coming....(I usually go 8, but have gone 10 before only because I got it flat ironed really straight).....

So to answer your question, I can't say which one really. I have wondered myself but don't want to use one without the other for fear it will slow down my growth!!

Blossssom

blackbarbie said:
So to answer your question, I can't say which one really. I have wondered myself but don't want to use one without the other for fear it will slow down my growth!!

LOL! Okay! We don't want that! :lol:

Suri

I just ordered MTG but surge works good I have seen results. sometimes my scalp hurts? It feels kinda of sore, any similar reactions with Surge?? Please tell although it's not everytime I use it, when I notice it it does hurt a little. Like right now, just one spot hurts, when I rub it, I am wondering if it's from that damn maxi glide?? :ohwell: any thoughts