surge and mtg

hey ladies, ive been using surge and mtg every nite for about a month, i wash once a week, deep condition with ors replenishing pack or ntm daily deep condition, i bun, no heat. my hair is really growing, has anyone else experienced this? has anyone used surge alone or with some other product(name the other product please) and got a lot of growth?

thanks in advance for the feedback and advice

DahomeyAhosi

I used surge for a while and I vaguely remember having an increased growth rate. However MTG really increased my growth rate especially the first one or two months. But I recently stopped because I think my scalp started needing it.

Catina72

I always mixed my surge 14 and MTG together, along with peppermint oil and hot 6 oil:look: . I have slacked miserably since August but I got descent growth during the 3 months of semi-consistent use.:lol: Oh yea, I average about 3/4 inches each month, even now, and I don't do any of that now.

nicki6

I use this combo along with some peppermint oil in a small spray bottle. I spray my scalp 3x weekly and saw really good results. I really need to be more consistent though.

motherx2esq

onecharminglady said:
hey ladies, ive been using surge and mtg every nite for about a month, i wash once a week, deep condition with ors replenishing pack or ntm daily deep condition, i bun, no heat. my hair is really growing, has anyone else experienced this? has anyone used surge alone or with some other product(name the other product please) and got a lot of growth?

thanks in advance for the feedback and advice

I am doing the same thing.:D I do not mix the two. I spray one and then the other! I am getting great growth!

Precious_1

I used surge and mtg not mixed in the same container but applied one after the other and got really good growth the first month. My hair was nappy 3 weeks post relaxer, when i did go back to my hairdresser she was like what have you been doing you have an inch of new growth:eek: ! i was so excited i only told her about surge bc i didnt want her to freak out about the mtg. i dont know if she's that open minded about putting a horse concoction on hair. but anyways, thats my take. I am still using it.

Tee

I used it alone and it really helped fill out my edges. I gave my cousin the rest of my bottle. She said it grew back a few bald patches in her daughter hair that would not grow back for nothing.

thanks ladies, i know sometimes its hard to tell people what i put on my scalp to stimulate growth, their like what, but they look at my hair and like you are doing something right, so to each his own

queendiva79

Hey guys

Can someone tell me what is MTG and where can you get it also i have heard nothing but positive feedback about the surge products can someone tell me where i can purchase the surge products thanks alot! I try my first pre poo last night and it was wonderful!!!!! My hair is so soft and sheened. I am so excited about beautiful healthy hair.

queendiva79

Hey guys

Can someone tell me what is MTG and where can you get it also i have heard nothing but positive feedback about the surge products can someone tell me where i can purchase the surge products thanks alot! I try my first pre poo last night and it was wonderful!!!!! My hair is so soft and sheened. I am so excited about beautiful healthy hair.

queendiva79

Hey guys

jrae

queendiva79 said:
Hey guys

Can someone tell me what is MTG and where can you get it also i have heard nothing but positive feedback about the surge products can someone tell me where i can purchase the surge products? thanks alot! I tried my first pre poo last night and it was wonderful!!!!! My hair is so soft and sheened. I am so excited about beautiful healthy hair.
MTG = Mane Tail Groom
I ordered it directly from Shapley's: http://www.shapleys.com/products/originalmtg.htm

Don't freak out when you see it's made for horse's manes. :lol:
It stinks but it works. You should do a search and read some of the older posts. You can combine it with essential oils to mask the smell. I mix it with Ylang Ylang.

I get Surge here: http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/SURGE-PLUS-14_c_186-1.html

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

Queendiva, read as many posts as possible on the products you are considering, actually not all posts say good things about some products. Dig deep and do a thorough search. I can understand wanting growth, growth, growth but health and proper hair technique should be your number 1 consideration.
Good luck and good growth to you.