Ponytail CoWashing... am I late to this?

~Hair~Fetish~

Ok, so I'm addicted to cowashing. It's hard for me to get in the shower without wetting my hair. Lately I've been rocking a ponytail because I'm 6 weeks post and don't feel like trying to wrestle my hair into a style. Last night I got in the shower, and out of pure laziness, I didn't feel like taking down the pony to co-wash because I didn't feel like detangling, etc. So I left it in, rinsed my hair, and slathered conditioner on while I showered. When I was done, I rinsed it out and squeezed the excess water out of my hair with a towel (hair was still in a ponytail). Added my leave-ins, smoothed the hair back, and tied down with a scarf.

Am I just late to this method? I love how smooth my hair is this morning... and I didn't have to go through the detangling, etc. Anybody else ever discover something that works for their hair by accidental laziness? :lachen:

blue_flower

I've never tried that before. I like having a clean scalp, so I don't do conditioner washes that much.

Wanderland

Never tried. Were you able to to get to the inside of your head this way? Was it a loose ponytail?

MummysGirl

Good to know you got good results...:yep:

I haven't tried this either... the closest I have done to this is - Wet my ponytail (only), slathered it in conditioner and then rinsed it out. This was done a few times last year when my ends just didn't feel 'right'.

But now I love cowashes so much, I am always able to make a little time to cowash really quickly without DC'ing. With this method mentioned in the thread - I would be worried about getting my hair wet, not detangling and finding tangles during my next wash.

SheenaVee

well i dont do that but i do something similar. I co wash my hair, then after detangling, with my hair still wet and with conditioner i tie my hair up in a ponytail, then i rinse the conditioner out while my hair is in a ponytail. I only do this when I can't be bothered to mess with my hair too much.

~Hair~Fetish~

Never tried. Were you able to to get to the inside of your head this way? Was it a loose ponytail?

No, it wasn't a loose pony tail, but it loosened once I wet it. I was able to saturate my whole head with conditioner relatively easily.... maybe it worked so well because it was a low ponytail. I think I will be using this method for the times I'm feeling lazy but want the moisturizing benefits of a cowash.

aluv

Wow, this sounds like a really great idea. I guess I am late to this too. Will have to try this out now that summer is almost here. Thanks.:yep:

~Hair~Fetish~

nope... id be scared to end up with terrible tangles somehow!

well you're not actually agitating or disturbing the hair... just wetting, smoothing on conditioner, then rinsing. Tried it again tonite and loving it!BTW... I take off the holder to add leave-ins and do a comb thru. No tangles thus far.

Blkprincess

:grin: been doing for awhile, did it over the weekend, too. I usually have my hair in two pigtails if I don't leave the house. I loosen each ponytail to add in my serum or polish. smooth/detangle the ends and add rollers to smooth the ends. sometimes keeping it simple it just so much better....and of course so much easier!!:lachen: your hair looks beautiful by the way

~Hair~Fetish~

:grin: been doing for awhile, did it over the weekend, too. I usually have my hair in two pigtails if I don't leave the house. I loosen each ponytail to add in my serum or polish. smooth/detangle the ends and add rollers to smooth the ends. sometimes keeping it simple it just so much better....and of course so much easier!!:lachen: your hair looks beautiful by the way

Thanks chica!... gotta try the 2 pigtails method. :yep: