Poofy Hair After Rollersetting

kittie43

I attempted to rollerset my hair yesterday and instead of a sleek look with slightly curled hair I got big hair with straight hair.

After washing and deep conditioning my hair. I added giovanni vitapro fusion leave in and chi silk infusion and rollerset my hair with water. Then I sat under a dryer to dry it and followed with ic hair polisher (red bottle) and wrapped my hair.

How can I get rid of the poof effect on my hair and maintain more of the curl?

Reecie

Sorry to hear that! Do you know for a fact that your hair was completely dry? :perplexed I know that if I take my rollers down when parts are still damp, I have major problems with frizz. Also, did you deep condition before the set? I know this makes a HUGE difference with my hair.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Was your hair fully dry before removing the rollers?

If the rollers are too big for your length, you'll get a more straight than curly look.

lilsparkle825

however your hair looks on the roller WET is what it usually looks like dry. i know that tip has helped me tremendously, cause if it looks frizzy when i clip it up i already know that one needs to be redone. it was soaking wet when you rolled it, right?

ceebee3

Had this problem yesterday, I just flat ironed the roots and wrapped. It's straight today with no frizz.

kittie43

I made sure that my hair was completely wet when I was rollersetting it. Any other ideas as to what would make my hair like that?

Brooklyn72

How long is your hair? What size rollers did you use? Did you saran wrap after you took the rollers out? If I'm x many weeks past a relaxer than my hair will be big for the first day, but then will smooth out by the second.

kittie43

How long is your hair? What size rollers did you use? Did you saran wrap after you took the rollers out? If I'm x many weeks past a relaxer than my hair will be big for the first day, but then will smooth out by the second.

My hair is shoulder length. I am not sure of the size but I used the red magnetic rollers to set my hair. After taking the rollers out I put a little serum on my hair and saran wrapped my hair and sat under the dryer for ten min.

hillytmj

Sorry to hear that! Do you know for a fact that your hair was completely dry? :perplexed I know that if I take my rollers down when parts are still damp, I have major problems with frizz. Also, did you deep condition before the set? I know this makes a HUGE difference with my hair.

Co-siging...damp hair will definitely ruin your rollersets!