Pool Hair! What are ya'll doing to ight the chlorine?

BrockStar

Hey Ladies...I've been kinda ghost for a while:look: sorry!

So with the fabulous weather we are having these days I love the pool and I think it's a great way to exercise too....but what about my hair?!

Here's what I'm doing...Tell me what you think, then give me your advice. Gracias!

Pool Regimen:
Swim
Wash hair with a little dot of shampoo and about a 1/4 size of conditioner
Then condition and leave in for a couple of minutes, then use a leave in and go on about my business...

What do you think?

Additional info...I'm trying the pool every other day so it's a lot to poo it every other day

...And no i don't wanna wear a cap...lol...sorry!!

Neith

First of all...

Look at all that cute hair :spinning: lol

My advice...

Before swimming AT LEAST wet your hair with regular water. It'll absorb less chlorine that way. It's also a good idea to liberally apply a leave in before swimming.

Seems like a good plan that you have already, but I don't think you have to shampoo every time. I'd use a good swimmers shampoo maybe 1-2 times a week. Aubrey organics has a great, moderately priced, sulfate free swimmers poo that's worth looking into.

Yep, just really keep on top of conditioning and moisturizing and you'll be fine.

Good Luck! :)

Whimsy

put on a swim cap!!

if for some reason that's TRULY not an option for you, i'd suggest soaking your hair with water and then put some conditioner on it and put it in a bun while you swim.

but.....seriously.... PUT ON A SWIM CAP!! there are some adorable ones that don't make you look like a bald old man.

tasty0619

ITA with wetting you hair before you swim, you could also wet then apply an oil, then bun....also PM shampoo 2, or 3 i can't remember which says its good for removing chlorine HTH

BrockStar

put on a swim cap!!

if for some reason that's TRULY not an option for you, i'd suggest soaking your hair with water and then put some conditioner on it and put it in a bun while you swim.

but.....seriously.... PUT ON A SWIM CAP!! there are some adorable ones that don't make you look like a bald old man.

Hahahahaha :lachen:which was my fear!...also that my hair is HUGE..lol

FindingMe

aveda hair detoxifier- it's a gentle shampoo that will get all the chlorine out. it me and my kids staple shampoo for summer...:yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
put on a swim cap!!

Here ya go! I think some of these are cute. I am going to order one. :yep:
http://www.headcovers.com/swim-caps/swim-caps/

RedVelvet310

First of all...

Look at all that cute hair :spinning: lol

My advice...

Before swimming AT LEAST wet your hair with regular water. It'll absorb less chlorine that way. It's also a good idea to liberally apply a leave in before swimming.

Seems like a good plan that you have already, but I don't think you have to shampoo every time. I'd use a good swimmers shampoo maybe 1-2 times a week. Aubrey organics has a great, moderately priced, sulfate free swimmers poo that's worth looking into.

Yep, just really keep on top of conditioning and moisturizing and you'll be fine.

Good Luck! :)

:blush: I had no idea that that could be done. :drunk: I feel so prepared for my vacation :surf:

robot.

i plan to do a lot of swimming this summer, so this is definitely a lot of useful information! thanks! :grin:

i do hate those swim caps though... :blush: i've only ever had one in my lifetime, so i suppose i shouldn't disown them all. :]

Whimsy

better to look like a bald old man than be a bald young woman, you don't want all that beautiful hair to go snap crackle pop! And with the frequency of your swims/washes... it may happen.

pop on a cap and keep it movin..... baldy.

Angkin73

Sally's or any BSS that sells Ion. They have a very good swimmers product line. I use the leave in/detangler.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

put on a swim cap!!

:yep::yep::yep:

Also I don't think that a "dot" of shampoo is going to get rid of chlorine...