Post Relaxer Questions

msincognito

First, thank everyone for their support after my recent haircut, it really helped! Now I have a few questions...after a relaxer do you clarify and do a protein treatment 1 week after OR do you clarify 1 week after and then do a protein treatment 2 weeks after? Any suggestions/regimes will be greatly appreciated.

By the way I added a few pics of my haircut today.

abainaa

I'm not sure but i'd like to know too. I wuld think that you would definitely do a protien treatment but I don't know if you should necessarily clarify, that might be drying.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I did a touch up today. This is what I do when I do my relaxers
1. relax with motions moisturizing lye relaxer
2. rinse for seven minutes
3. do protein treatment with nexxus emergency, cpr, ion extensive hair treatment with plastic cap, no heat for 15/20 minutes.
4. nutralize with motions nutralizing shampoo, 3 times.
5. clarify with ion blalaced cleansing shampoo, sometimes mix with nexxus botanoil shampoo.
6. shampoo again with nexxus moisture threaphy, leave on hair 3/5 minutes. rinse
7. apply nexxus humectress, comb through, plastic cap with heat 15 minutes, no heat, 45 minutes. rinse
8. leave in's ion leave in, surge plus 14, wild growth oil.

It takes a while but my hair came out just lovely today. I even did a roller set and it turned out great. when I do my weekly shampoo, I will use nexxus Keraphix.

LABETT

I clarify just before doing my protein treatment two weeks post relaxer.
I want my hair to reap the full benefits of the protein treatment so I get rid of any buildup.