Post Your Maxiglide Hair Pics Here

lusciousladie07

I have been looking for a flat iron that can get my natural ends straight and swinging. I caved in and bought the Maxiglide package on HSN.com. I've seen a few YT vids and they look nice, but I want to see some LHCF ladies that have used them and got great results.

Please post before and after pics if you have both
List any products you have used to achieve your results
Explain how you maintain the look

BOTH RELAXED AND NATURAL HEADS ARE WELCOME and APPRECIATED:grin:

Thanx!!

BlackMasterPiece

Here are my MaxiGlide Hair Pics

The Products I used was the IC Fantasia Pink Bottle Heat Protectant serum and spray.

To maintain I pin curl every night and tie with a satin scarf, if my hair feels dry I apply some extra virgin coconut oil. That's it!:yep:

dlewis

When I wear myhair down I always wash and condition with V05 extra body
Apply Wrap and Tp or Lotta Body to the hair and blowdry
Maxiglide hair and afterwards apply oil to the hair in sections.

Wrap and cover at night

Last edited:

dlewis

before/after

before

after

Last edited:

lusciousladie07

Here are my MaxiGlide Hair Pics

The Products I used was the IC Fantasia Pink Bottle Heat Protectant serum and spray.

To maintain I pin curl every night and tie with a satin scarf, if my hair feels dry I apply some extra virgin coconut oil. That's it!:yep:

Your hair looks great..Thank you. You are making me feel better about my purchase!

Question, How long have you been natural and how did you do that spiral set in the first pic of your siggy. Im a 4a/b too and love to do that as well...:grin:

lusciousladie07

Ohh I love your Dlewis. Especially the last one. I noticed you bought the new one too.. I hope you let us know if it was better then the original! Im getting excited now... i wish mine would hurry up and get here.

Neith

I can't compete with the hair goddesses above :giggle: but here are mine from last year:

I was texlaxed and I had about 2 - 3 inches of natural roots in these pics. It did a very good job of straightening my extremely coarse hair. :yep:

Mandy4610

Here is a sneak peak, I am now DCing my hair and will flatiron my whole head later.
I did this last night and bantu knotted the section hence the little wavy look.

A little closer

asummertyme

My hair is maxi Glided in my siggy..I will see if I can do some befroe pics on my next wash day...but i lurve the Maxi!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Here is a sneak peak, I am now DCing my hair and will flatiron my whole head later.

A little closer

Wow, Mandy!!! That really did a great job straightening your hair! I can't wait to see your whole head.

BlackMasterPiece

Your hair looks great..Thank you. You are making me feel better about my purchase!

Question, How long have you been natural and how did you do that spiral set in the first pic of your siggy. Im a 4a/b too and love to do that as well...:grin:
I've been natural about 4.5 yrs. That was a straw set done with McDonalds straws, and fastened with bobby pins:yep:

Keedah

A little closer

I love to bantu knot my flat ironed hair. Thats the style I have in my avi (and I used the maxiglide)

BlackMasterPiece

A little closer
Wow!:blush: Those are some fantastic results miss lady!! Looks like you've found the tool to get your ends straight afterall:yep: Also is that your natural hair color? so pretty!!:love2:

BC2/4/06

Do you ladies own the XP or MP? I have thick natural 4b hair and I can't decide which one to purchase. Thanks!

Mandy4610

Wow!:blush: Those are some fantastic results miss lady!! Looks like you've found the tool to get your ends straight afterall:yep: Also is that your natural hair color? so pretty!!:love2:
Thanks BMP, the camera changes my hair color. My hair is a super black.

Do you ladies own the XP or MP? I have thick natural 4b hair and I can't decide which one to purchase. Thanks!
I have the XP, but I am thinking of returning it for the MP, simply because I think the XP is too big and my hair is thin so I don't see the reason for having the XP which is more so for thicker hair. Knowing how indecisive I can be, I will probably have to experiment with both.

pookaloo83

A little closer

You finished yet! :lachen: It looks good already! *waits for final results*

Kimiche

Can 12/14 get here?
...just waiting for the delivery.
I am convinced I will be in LOVE!

We in the same boat.. Thats my delivery date too!! If you bought it from HSN, lets harrass them together and see if we get it quicker...lol

My iron was scheduled to be delivered on Dec 7th. It ended up getting here this past Tuesday, so you ladies might get yours before that date. :yep:

ETA: I ordered mine on Nov. 25th and I received it on Dec 1st. And that was the standard shipping by the way.

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

Do you do that on flat ironed hair or natural?
The one in my siggy was done wet in my natural state but I think I would tweak it next time and instead of doing it on wet hair (because with my coils too much wet manipulation leads to breakage and unnecessary shedding) I would do it on blown dry hair, add the IC fantasia gel leaving the 2inches closest to my scalp bare, set it on straws and call it a day:yep:

If you have shorter 4a/b hair or you have a looser curl pattern than type 4 then this wont pose as much a of an issue and you can just set your hair while wet.