29.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC02017.jpg
    DSC02017.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC02019.jpg
    DSC02019.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
The one in my siggy was done wet in my natural state but I think I would tweak it next time and instead of doing it on wet hair (because with my coils too much wet manipulation leads to breakage and unnecessary shedding) I would do it on blown dry hair, add the IC fantasia gel leaving the 2inches closest to my scalp bare, set it on straws and call it a day:yep:

If you have shorter 4a/b hair or you have a looser curl pattern than type 4 then this wont pose as much a of an issue and you can just set your hair while wet.
***Sorry to hijack***
Hey BMP, where exactly do you use the bobby pin in setting the hair on the straw?! When you get a chance, could you do a tutorial on this...pretty please!? Love your hair btw!

Here are my full head results as promised:

Rollerset combed out
DSC05729.jpg

DSC05731.jpg

Maxiglide
DSC05739.jpg

DSC05742.jpg

Maxiglide with Sedu touch-up (went over it with my sedu, very lightly)
DSC05754.jpg

DSC05755.jpg

Then I applied coconut oil and put big rollers on big sections of hair and sat under my pibbs for 10mins (Can anyone say SWANG and BLING:yep:)
DSC05765.jpg

DSC05769.jpg

DSC05771.jpg

DSC05776.jpg
Yikes, I need a trim

This process too forever ladies. I am a newbie to flatironing my hair and to using Maxiglide. The are some steps that I will eliminate next time for sure (i.e Sedu touchup).
Maxiglide makes my hair very light, the rollers and coconut oil at the end provided the swang. My hair is very happy.

For rollersetting I used water and CHI silk Infusion
I applied a bit of Sabino Moisture block before flat ironing.
I wrapped my hair for bed. I will let yall know how that turns out.

Good job, Mandy! Was it easy for you to use? I thought it was a little bulky, but otherwise I like it.

I Maxiglided my 5 year-old's hair yesterday and it wasn't an afro this morning! That is the miracle of all miracles. She's gonna need a neckbrace from all the "hair whiplash".

After Maxigliding my hair, it lasted for a week before I washed so I could retwist. I don't wear my hair straight too much because I like to co-wash/spritz my hair most days. HOWEVER, it could have easily lasted for TWO weeks with the pin curling!

Good job, Mandy! Was it easy for you to use? I thought it was a little bulky, but otherwise I like it.

I Maxiglided my 5 year-old's hair yesterday and it wasn't an afro this morning! That is the miracle of all miracles. She's gonna need a neckbrace from all the "hair whiplash".
Its bulky and will definitely take some getting used too, but the fact that the outer parts of the plates don't get hot helps because then you can use your other hand to help glide it through the hair.

Here is mine. Im transitioning and Im 20 weeks post texlaxed tomorrow. I'm in a personal challenge for length and thickness. My Hair is fine and I used the maxiglide on 2 or 3 setting. I applied Chi silk infusion yesterday morning and went out I Maxi glided around 2 am this morning. This pic is with no product except Chi iron guard.

metoday.jpg

Last edited:
I am so excited. I got my email that my maxiglide was shipped. :bouncy:As soon as it gets here, im going to post my pics.

Lovely Pics ladies.
:morepics:

Why do you guys like the maxiglide better than something like the Chi? I know my chi is supposed to be bad because it doesn't have heat settings. But other than that, why is the maxiglide better than other high end flat irons (in y'all's opinion?)

I only use my Maxiglide ( jumped on that band wagon four years ago before I even knew enough to take care of my hair, there just seemed to be something right about using moisture/steam on my hair). The pics in my siggy are my wash n go bun and the maxiglide set with caruso curlers. You can also see my just straightened results in my album (note the green back ground pics.)

I wash/clarify monthly and use VO5, Nexus Humectress, or Elasta QP DPR as needed. Then use Joico leave in and either IC (pink one) or CHI heat protectant after a low temp roller set of course. No blow drying! I curl with the Caruso curlers and I'm done for the week (though this will change beginning 01/01/2010 for my Roller Set challenge. I will cut out the Maxiglide for the next three months and bun for the GYHOYH challenge).

Enjoy your hair's new bff! remember to check out the thread that tells the heat temps for the settings. I would start low and go up as needed but never over setting 5. Bon chance!

Last edited:
In response to Lady Raider: Steam=moisture infused hair. It seems to stay straight longer for me and I don't have to use so much heat (temp).

I am WENing tonight and will Maxiglide tomorrow on air dried hair. Saving myself a spot.

ETA:

Before and After:

101_2496.jpg
101_2516.jpg

Last edited:
My Siggy photo is maxiglide straightened. The older larger model is the one i currently have

Here is a before pic
my%20free%20style.jpg

ETA: My Siggy seems to have disappeared so here it is.
Hair07to09.jpg

and this one
I am 4 a/b natural
sraighthair.jpg

straight2.jpg

Last edited:
Me next! Me next! Lol. I took these pics in September.

2af9t3.jpg

2iiygkp.jpg

I think my maxiglide did a pretty good job at the roots considering that you can't steam close to your scalp.

Here's one more

jtut8m.jpg

Oh, this is a WNG for comparison

2dhv5le.jpg

I blew my hair out with my conair blowdryer my products are usually SMB and Chi SI and KBB super silky.

Last edited:
:blush: WOW Nayna your results are :love3:

It just gets hair sooooo silky I can't even explain it I couldnt be happier, I'll never need another flat iron it gets my roots AND my hair line smooth.

Yo hurr is BLINGIN girl!:yep:

:blush: WOW Nayna your results are :love3:

It just gets hair sooooo silky I can't even explain it I couldnt be happier, I'll never need another flat iron it gets my roots AND my hair line smooth.

Yo hurr is BLINGIN girl!:yep:

Lol, yea I thought my chi was cool and then I revisted my maxiglide and I don't know why I ever bought that chi. Mind you I used my old maxiglide, I bought this sucker in 2007!

I have mine. I haven't had time to take it out of the box, read the instructions, and use it. I hope to test it out soon. I will post pics

Why do you guys like the maxiglide better than something like the Chi? I know my chi is supposed to be bad because it doesn't have heat settings. But other than that, why is the maxiglide better than other high end flat irons (in y'all's opinion?)

For me, i think it's the lil teeth.
I don't have to do extra work like the comb chase method or anything, and i dont have to blowdry my hair first and then flat iron in order to get bone straight sleek swangy hair.
The maxiglide saves me time, and saves my hair from additional heat damage. I just LOVE it

Back