Prenatal vitamins

GoingBack

I was in the law library tonight and the clerk on duty had the most beautiful long hair. It was almost waist length and she said that prenatal vitamins were good for growth...along with brushing and Mane N Tail products. She told me that she grew her hair from chin length to her current length in about 3 years.

Can one of our resident mommies...or anyone else for that matter...please post the ingredients and amounts in prenatal vitamins???

Tene

Here are some by Twinlab, but I think each comapny is different.

Pre-Natal Care Caps

Twinlab Pre-Natal Care Caps deliver 22 different nutrients; the new improved formula delivers higher potentcies of many vitamins and minerals in just two capsuls than it delivered before in four capsules!

Two capsules supply:
Vitmain A 8000 IU
Vitamin C 120 mg
Vitamin E 60 mg
IU Thiamin 3 mg
Riboflavin 3.4 mg
Niacin 40 mg
Vitamin B 6 4
Folic Acid 800 mcg
Vitamin B12 12 mcg
Biotin 600 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 20 mg
Calcium 400 mcg
Iron 20 mg
Iodine 300 mcg
Magnesium 200 mg
Zinc 15 mg
Copper 2 mg
Manganese 2 mg
Choline 10 mg
Inositol 10 mg

CatSuga

This is one serious urban myth.
Prenatal vitamins don't make you hair grow faster. The increased rate of hair growth that pregnate women experiance is comes from hormones.

Though, you can attempt jack your system to copy this effect, take some black cohosh. *Warning: Black cohosh herb may cause lactation*

Bklynqueen

Hey,

I think this is a myth. The only thing pre-natal vitamins did for my hair was make it thicker and that's only because the vitamins cause you to hold on to hair that you would normally lose while combing or brushing. The pregnancy hormones itself causes your hair and nails to grow. Hope this gives insight.

Healthb4Length

When I first started my hair growth journey I took prenatal vitamins for 6 months and got no results at all, except itchy skin. I take Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin and Nails and see results in 3 weeks, I am currently taking RObin Wood's vitamins and B-12, I don't know if I see anything yet. I really want to try viviscal--I hear good stuff about it.

GoingBack

What kind of results did you get with Andrew Lessman's in 3 weeks? What is your hair type? If you saw results that soon, why did you switch vitamins? Sorry for all the questions! :D

prettygrl

3 or 4 years ago, I started taking prenatal vitamins (long b4 I was interested in growing my hair out) and my hair grew tremendously.

I wasn't using a lot of speciality products or anything, and I was still blow drying and curling my hair a couple of times a week.

It is not an urban myth that vitamins, in general, will aid in hair growth. And generally speaking, prenatal vitamins have a higher RDA than just a regular multi-vitamin

I think the fact that prenatal vitamins do have a higher concentration of vitamins that my body was deficient in ( iron, zinc, and folic acid, among others) that they were better for me at the time than just a regular multi-vitamin,