Prenatul Vitamins

nesha24

I have heard that prenatul vitamins are good for the hair. Has anyone tried them and noticed any growth? Were there any other side affects?
Thanks!

I never stopped taking my pre-natal's after having my last child and that was over 8 years ago. I asked my dr. if there would be any side affects from me taking them and he said no. The fact that I am also anemic means I can just take my pre-natals and not have to worry about taking additional iron because I am getting everything I need from the pre-natals. They make my nails very long and strong also... which is another benefit:grin:

It's a myth.

People think that the vitamins do it because many women get hair growth spurts in pregnancy. It's the hormones, NOT the vitamins.

You'd get the same results form a regular multivitamin.

If you want to take vitamins specifically for your hair, try some biotin or msm supplements for growth. And silica or evening primrose/flaxseed oil for better manageability. OR just take a supplement that has all of those things in it, like gnc's nourish or ultranourish hair.

:)

ive been taking prenatal vitamins for years...and it just like taking a multivitamin...they do help my nails(with being stronger), hair and skin since i have been taking them...

Aiight now....when u give birth to a 20lb baby...don't come crying to us. :lachen:

just kidding...i would take them also, but i need to find a smaller-sized vite if i don't want to kill myself....

bluediamond0829 said:
ive been taking prenatal vitamins for years...and it just like taking a multivitamin...they do help my nails(with being stronger), hair and skin since i have been taking them...

Mizani_Mrs said:
Aiight now....when u give birth to a 20lb baby...don't come crying to us. :lachen:

just kidding...i would take them also, but i need to find a smaller-sized vite if i don't want to kill myself....
I take the One Source prenatal vitamin, you can get it at wal-mart, it's smaller than my Hair,Nails and Skin vit., I take the prenatal vit. verses a multi-vit. because I figure more is better, and I believe they do work.IMO

hmmmm, very interesting.... I take the GNC hair/skin/nails vite and i wouldn't mind a smaller one. I think i'll go run out and get a bottle.

thanks, gurl!

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I take the One Source prenatal vitamin, you can get it at wal-mart, it's smaller than my Hair,Nails and Skin vit., I take the prenatal vit. verses a multi-vit. because I figure more is better, and I believe they do work.IMO

My hair vitamins (3 per day) from Vitamin World could choke a horse...since I'm a MTG junkie I have no problems!:bud:

Mizani_Mrs said:
hmmmm, very interesting.... I take the GNC hair/skin/nails vite and i wouldn't mind a smaller one. I think i'll go run out and get a bottle.

thanks, gurl!

I'm taking the GNC Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins too. :up:

Porsche19 said:
It's a myth.

People think that the vitamins do it because many women get hair growth spurts in pregnancy. It's the hormones, NOT the vitamins.

If you want to take vitamins specifically for your hair, try some biotin or msm supplements for growth. And silica or evening primrose/flaxseed oil for better manageability. OR just take a supplement that has all of those things in it, like gnc's nourish or ultranourish hair.

:)

Actually, prenatal vitamins have higher RDA than regular multi-vitamins, in that regard they may be more beneficial to some people.

For me, they work better than regular multi-vitamins

Porsche19 said:
It's a myth.

My co-worker left the fashion district and is now a pharm rep she gave me abunch of pre nate samples in June and all I can say is that my nails have never been this long and strong ....so... i don'd k no ow>>>mmmmm

Yes, vites will fortify and strengthen your nails, hair, skin, body and anything else... but the vites don't grow your hair any faster than a regular vite or a hair vite. that was the point the we were trying to make. So by all means...eat a vite so that your hair will grow long because your strands won't be so fragile, but they won't give you super fast results. understand?

deeshortesthair said:
My co-worker left the fashion district and is now a pharm rep she gave me abunch of pre nate samples in June and all I can say is that my nails have never been this long and strong ....so... i don'd k no ow>>>mmmmm

Alright, if you take prenatal vitamins and you find that they help your hair/skin/nails more than a regular vitamin it's not because of any "special" ingredients in the prenatal vitamins, it is because of the increased amount of certain vitamins/minerals, which was the point I was trying to make in my first response.

I personally would not want to take pre natals because it is possible to get too much of ceratain vitamins... over a period of time they can make you sick if you get enough. Multivitamin+extra supplemnts (because I have control over which vitamins and minerals I'm getting extra doses of) is the way to go for me.

Back