Viviscal

RUBY

Has any one ever tried viviscal or Nourkrin (apparently they are the same just different names) They are hair vitamins/ supplements for hair growth.

If anyone has tried them, did they really work? How long did you take it for? And any other details, thanks.

T

Tee

I'm on my third week of using Viviscal. It's hard to tell how much additional growth I'm seeing on my head because I had a lot of new growth already when I started. I do think it's working, though. I notice that my eyelashes are longer (I love this extra benefit!), and my eyebrows are growing in much quicker. I usually get my brows threaded every 6 weeks or so. It's been only a little over a week since I last got them done, and I'm seeing brow hairs come in when usually they don't come in until about week 4. I'll know better how much additional growth I'm getting on my hair after I get a relaxer.

OnlyErin

I'm in my second month on Viviscal. I like it a lot. I took HF37 and had to stop because taking all those pills was too much of a chore, plus I got negligible results. Viviscal is pricey, but I consider it a "worth-it" splurge. I am seeing results now and they say it can take anywhere from 6-8 months to see results. I just started taking Biotin and Flaxseed Oil, so hopefully I'll get thickness and length, too.

I hear there's a Viviscal knockoff at GNC, but that the dosages are different. I've had bad reactions to GNC products, so I'll save my pennies and buy Viviscal. It's not as "popular" as it was when it first came out, therefore you can probably find it cheaper. I get mine from hairboutique.com.

Ennyaa

Hey Erin I get mine from there too. It's only $49.95 there and it ships SO quickly. I'm going into my 3rd month on it and so far so good. I think I will wait till about June before I really start singin praises. Right now I have to deal with this pesky shedding problem. *sigh* /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RUBY

OnlyErin and Ennyaa, Have either of you considered using the viviscal shampoo and lotion? I was looking at their ingredients and they seemed very beneficial.

Ennyaa

Nah. I looked at them briefly but I'm already using so much different good stuff in my hair that I passed on it. Let me know how it goes if you try it though.

OnlyErin

Enyaa, I feel you on the shedding. I'm dealing with breakage that just own't quit, it seems. I tried the "tried and true" products like Aphogee and ORS Hair Mayo and CPR. Nada. I've tried the Giovanni Magnetic line and have seen much less brakage and shedding overall, but still too much for my liking. And yeah, I LOVE hairboutique. They do ship fast. I just placed an order with them late last week for more Giovanni stuff. I like them a lot.

Ruby, I actually have tried the Viviscal scalp lotion. I bought it on a whim when I purchased my last 3-month supply of Viviscal. Honestly, I don't know if there's much benefit in it. My scalp has been moisturized, but I think jojoba oil works just as well, and it doesn't cost $19.95. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ennyaa said:
Hey Erin I get mine from there too. It's only $49.95 there and it ships SO quickly. I'm going into my 3rd month on it and so far so good. I think I will wait till about June before I really start singin praises. Right now I have to deal with this pesky shedding problem. *sigh* /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ennyaa, are you experiencing shedding as a result of the viviscal? By the way, I am ordering mines on monday so thanks all for the site you ordered it from /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ennyaa

Nah, the shedding just started recently and I've been on the Viviscal since end of December so I doubt they are related. I've been using my essential oil mixture more regularly and I think it's helping. Actually I think my shedding is probably caused by stress. I got a lot going on here lately. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

hada

Hi Ennyaa,

It could be stress or the change in seasons that is about to occur soon. Lots of people start to shed just before spring arrives or when it arrives.
Hmm could be a sign that warmth is near.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hada