Prepoo help!

yodeebee

Hello ladies,

I just joined and wanted to get started on my journey to long healthy hair. Could someone explain to me, what is prepoo and how to do it? Any help, comments would be appreciated. Have a blessed day!

AlliCat

Welcome to the forum :)

A pre-poo is basically when you apply oil and/or conditioner to your hair before shampooing. One purpose of this extra conditioning step is to combat against the harshness of shampoo. You can pre-poo as long as you like, anywhere from 10 minutes to overnight.

cutenss

First of all WELCOME :wave: Second a prepoo is a treatment done on dry hair before (PRE) you shampoo (POO). Here is a good thread about a prepoo treatment, that is giving AWESOME results. Enjoy your stay :yep:

ajargon02

Welcome to the forum :)

A pre-poo is basically when you apply oil and/or conditioner to your hair before shampooing. One purpose of this extra conditioning step is to combat against the harshness of shampoo. You can pre-poo as long as you like, anywhere from 10 minutes to overnight.

YUP! I am a natural, and my hair LOVES pre-poo's with coconut oil. I just lightly spritz my sectioned and detangled hair with filtered water. Then I apply the coconut ( a lot ) coating each strand and the scalp. I sleep with it in overnight. When I shampoo in the morning, my hair stays soft and supple. It works really well for me.

To see someone using the "shampoo buffer" aka pre-poo, check out this vid:
YouTube - ♡♡♡LUVNaturals #16 Updated Wash & Detangle Routine (see description bar for details)

HTH!:yep: