Preserving Your Sexy With Your SO!!!

Choklatekiss79

OK Ladies...I have to ask this one!! (Knda Personal):grin:

How do you balance protecting your hair with maintaining your sexy quotient during those special times with your SO?

My SO likes the whole hair out, run the fingers through the hair thing (and so do I). And I personally dont like the idea of wearing a scarf (during those times) because I am afraid of what the cotton sheets/pillowcases will do to my hair. I dont really feel that sexy with the Aunt Jemaima look going. :lol: I just bite the bullet and go scarfless, maenwhile my hair pays the cost.:perplexed

So, Im just curious to know how you all handle this situation.....

Get outta my head!

I was wondering & fighting with the same thing.

I try to do the sexy-dance, then prep for bed (scarf, lotion hands & feet, etc- he's sleep by then), but it doesn't always work out that way:perplexed .

I tried to sleep on a satin pillowcase, but that doesn't do it for me- gotta be a scarf!

Soemtimes I think he wants to do this:swearing: But does this instead:kissing4: .

DH has been VERY understanding w/the hair stuff!

LOL...:lol: Mine is very understanding. I think the pressure the find a another way is coming from me, not him. But still....

I don't really worry about it. My hair is strong enough to deal with being out for whatever reason. I think the fact that I allow him to touch my hair helps him appreciate my hair and all the work I do even more.

Actually, he likes feeling my NG underneath the straight hair and encourages me to stretch my relaxers.

Besides, my hair is the last thing I am thinking about at those times. ;)

There was a recent thread on this. I will try to find it so you can see those opinions, as well.

I asked this question a few weeks ago as well - I really want to know how ladies with shoulder and beyond lengths deal with this. I know from past experience that on the times when I am not on top, my hair, right in the center in the back will break like crazy. I'm hoping that by the time I finish C&G, relax and use proper balances of protein and mositure it will not be a problem, but I am a little apprehensive about it. In braids it does not matter so much, but I will not C&G forever - only until late summer. When my hair is growing and flowing, I do not want it to break.

newflowers said:
I asked this question a few weeks ago as well - I really want to know how ladies with shoulder and beyond lengths deal with this. I know from past experience that on the times when I am not on top, my hair, right in the center in the back will break like crazy. I'm hoping that by the time I finish C&G, relax and use proper balances of protein and mositure it will not be a problem, but I am a little apprehensive about it. In braids it does not matter so much, but I will not C&G forever - only until late summer. When my hair is growing and flowing, I do not want it to break.

on top of what? :look:

I don't use pillows so satin/silk pillowcases wouldn't even help. I bought satin sheets but they got oil spots from my hair oil. So, I talk my big ole scarf and lay it down where I plan to sleep'/be. It covers a wide enough area, and it works for me

Chocolate,

I think you've got the right idea: no scarf, let it all out, get over it and enjoy your spouse and let him enjoy you. If your hair is in good shape then it won't suffer unless this is happening several times a day everyday. :lol:

Supergirl said:
Chocolate,

I think you've got the right idea: no scarf, let it all out, get over it and enjoy your spouse and let him enjoy you. If your hair is in good shape then it won't suffer unless this is happening several times a day everyday. :lol:

:lachen: ... :look: That was too funny. But I agree with what you said

Originally Posted by Supergirl
Chocolate,

Well....you know....ahee ahee ahee..:lol:
And honestly, in the moment, my hair is the last thing on my mind. But afterwards, I always wonder if I did my hair any harm. You guys are right, if the tresses are strong and healthy, there should be nothing to worry about...

With scarf or without scarf it really doesn't matter to my hubby. What's going on down there is way more important than what's on my head. LOL

Choklatekiss79 said:
Well....you know....ahee ahee ahee..:lol:
And honestly, in the moment, my hair is the last thing on my mind. But afterwards, I always wonder if I did my hair any harm. You guys are right, if the tresses are strong and healthy, there should be nothing to worry about...

Sometimes I do this, as well. Especially when I have lots of new growth and prone to tangles. After dinner and a night of music and wine with my honey last night, I woke up this morning and my hair was extremly tangled. I am glad that today is shampoo/condition day and that helped me detangle, but it made me feel like it can be damaging when I have lots of new growth like I do right now.

vivadiva85 said:
on top of what? :look:

I don't use pillows so satin/silk pillowcases wouldn't even help. I bought satin sheets but they got oil spots from my hair oil. So, I talk my big ole scarf and lay it down where I plan to sleep'/be. It covers a wide enough area, and it works for me

:lachen: :lachen: :lol: :lachen:

I never cover my hair to sleep but I do have satin and silk pillowcases on some of the pillows in our bed. I normally have my hair in two braids or up in a bun for sleeping, but if I'm feeling sexy or showing off a certain outfit or piece of lingerie then I'll wear my hair down.

DH loves to play with my hair and bury his face in it. I indulge him and just untangle it later on the next morning if it's late at night. I don't think my hair so fragile that it can't withstand a little rough play. I'm usually not thinking about my hair then anyway.

Unfortunately if it's late and I just fall asleep with my hair all loose, damp with sweat, etc... when I wake up in the morning it's a huge mess, and for some reason DH loves that "style".:look:

I don't think it really matters with my husband as long as it smells good that's what matters to him. I do often wear it loose for him but when I have my scarf on thats when he tells me how beautiful I am.:confused:

dlewis said:
I don't think it really matters with my husband as long as it smells good that's what matters to him. I do often wear it loose for him but when I have my scarf on thats when he tells me how beautiful I am.:confused:

My man says the same thing. Once he asked why I never wear my hair out like that. :look:

my suggestion would be to wear falls, that way your hair is protected and you can even sleep in them at night :up:

dlewis said:
That sounds just like my DH/
To the OP... you know there are also uh... ways to prevent your hair from rubbing on the pillow other then the scarf:sekret:
just try some *protective* positions that will prevent your head from laying on the pillow

ella said:
To the OP... you know there are also uh... ways to prevent your hair from rubbing on the pillow other then the scarf:sekret:
just try some *protective* positions that will prevent your head from laying on the pillow

:lachen: :lachen: yes..DO THIS..

Honestly I never really though about it. Usually when I have an SO I just put on my scarf... I kept an extra one in the glove compartment for surprise sleep overs. But for me it goes way beyond just trying to keep my hair straight... I can't sleep with my hair all around my face... it just makes me hot and uncomfortable. I am also very aware of my surroundings when I sleep without a scarf which make me pretty grumpy in the morning.

When I did have an SO that just had to play in my hair, i usually just kept my scarf and a paddle brush by the bed so that I could tie it up then go to sleep afterwards. That way we were both happy.

ella said:

I'm with ella on the "protective" positions;)

Hmmm, Protective positions...that's good.

I gotta say...I always reach for my scarf after all is said & done. I leave it off for the event but always manage to get it back on before I go to sleep. I toss & turn when I sleep and my face will break out if I let my hair juices get on my pillow and then ultimately on my face.
And for some of the positions I usually will pin the front of my hair up to keep it out of his face or from dangling of him I think it makes him feel itchy when it gently brushes against him...you get the picture.

This thread is so funny :D If it's still early, my hair is back in a bun so it's fine, but if it's at night time I already have the scarf on and he doesn't care...lol. Every once in a while, depending on my mood I will take it off, but the state of my hair afterwards doesn't make me happy at all, especially if it's been a workout and I've been sweating and have the hair all stuck to my face and back :( Ok tmi, but you get the point!

dlewis said:

LOL same here, even with my satin bonnet :perplexed believe it or not :lol:

my bf is so weird

This is a trip. I was just pondering this the other day. My man often ask me to take my scarf off! It is mostly in the mornin before we get up that the "business" takes place sooooo I guess my hair wont suffer for those 45 minutes or so that it is unwrapped. I find myself tryna keep my head still when I am on the bottom, so that it doesnt rub on the pillow much!!

LOL,

L

Back