Pretty Layered Cuts

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I am seeing so many pretty layered cuts on long hair on television and out in the "real world." It is tempting.

Right now I'm watching the Soul Train Awards and Nicole from PCD has a gorgeous layered cut and also the chic that was on stage with Chris Brown had beautiful layers. I'm talking about some gorgeous hair styles. :love:

My cons are that I have my hair up most of the time and also that the cut might not come out as beautiful as I'm imagining it.

Does anyone on the board with lengthy tresses have it cut into layers? Any pictures?

Country gal

I wouldn't do it, Supergirl. I love you hair just the way it is. I wouldn't want you to regret it. I remember in college I cut my hair becuase everyone else was doing it. I so regretted the decision.

Healthb4Length

Supergirl, your hair would look great with layers or the current style your sporting now. If you decide to get layers make sure you go to a stylist that specializes in cutting long hair and ask for Long Layers cut into your hair. I like layers because they provide movement and body.

baglady215

Alli77 said:
Supergirl, your hair would look great with layers or the current style your sporting now. If you decide to get layers make sure you go to a stylist that specializes in cutting long hair and ask for Long Layers cut into your hair. I like layers because they provide movement and body.

I agree. Don't get deep layers. Long layers would look great on your length, and they wouldn't be that much of a change from what you have now.

so1913

Ok, I guess I'll be the minority! (then again, I'm a cut-o-holic, LOL). I say if you can find a good stylist, layers would look great, especially on long hair :) It gives the hair a fuller illusion and allows the hair "move" more and is very "stylish". When long layers are roller set they fall so beautifully. But I do agree with others, your hair is beautiful as is!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I tried layers in college. I called myself going to someone that specialized in this. In fact, I was referred by someone with beautiful layers that had been done by this stylist.

However, the stylist was scissor happy and I left with my hair so much shorter. :( I was really disappointed and upset and wished I'd never done it. I don't want to come out with those feelings again. I will say that as the layers started growing out longer, it was pretty for a while.

yokourt

I have long layers currently in my advatar. I really like them. As long as my nape is long I don't mind keeping them. This help me with trimming off my permed ends slowly. I'm not growing this hair for nothing.:lol:

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
I agree with so1913, layers give you more style and you are able to do so much more with the hair. But as many of the ladies mentioned, keep the layers long.

I actually straightend my hair out last week which has been six months for me and my layer are beautiful and give my hair so much more styling option. I don't think I will ever keep one length again.

Healthb4Length

yokourt said:
I have long layers currently in my advatar. I really like them. As long as my nape is long I don't mind keeping them. This help me with trimming off my permed ends slowly. I'm not growing this hair for nothing.:lol:

Yokourt your hair looks slammin! I mentioned that in your member's gallery album, I think the layers are to die for!

Healthb4Length

sunnygirl said:
I agree with so1913, layers give you more style and you are able to do so much more with the hair. But as many of the ladies mentioned, keep the layers long.

I actually straightend my hair out last week which has been six months for me and my layer are beautiful and give my hair so much more styling option. I don't think I will ever keep one length again.

Sunny, I really like your hair! I see how nice layers really add to a style rather than take away! With your layers, when you wear your hair natural your curls fall better, very nice shape.

H

honey_jammz82

I love long layers!!!! I thought about getting a blunt cut but I think long layers are really nice! I say go for it! Just be VERY specific on what YOU want!!

sprungonhairboards

I wanna get layers as soon as my hair grows out some more. Supergirl your hair would look really pretty layered. It's so long you'd have tons of length left. Your shortest layer could be at bra strap.

blackbarbie

Supergirl,
Long layers would def. give your hair a lot more dimension (would still look great if you didn't do a thing to it though!!), but what you could do is get as many pics from hair mags as possible so when you go to the stylist, they won't be disillusioned and would know EXACTLY what you're talking about instead of you trying to describe it and then when everything is over and done, the stylist is saying "Oh, I thought..........................."

I know you have been mentioning doing something different to your hair for a while (color, etc.), but just take your time and find those pics or even if you decide you want to go with the color you mentioned, do the same thing. Look in back issues of Ebony, Essence, different hair mags, etc. to be sure you can find the look you're going for.

Just be sure to take your time. (Your hair will just be growing more in the meantime!! :lol: )

missvi

God is Good!!
Supergirl go for it! I love your hair. Long layers will look great.
I want long layers. But I don't know where to go here in Atlanta.