Help. . .Layers are evil

dicapr

I am currently trying to grow out my layered cut. The bottom layer is brushing against my colar so wearing my hair down is a no no. The layers make it difficult to pull my hair up in protective styles because there are little pieces sticking out everywhere. I'm looking for some suggestions. Also, I'm not that great at doing hair.

brownsugarflyygirl

I dont have any suggestions...but hopefully my response will bump for you so you can get some advice...Best wishes on your hair journey

Synthia

Just do a bunch of little curls (steam rollers can help) and whip it up in a messy, sexy pin-up with some tendrils sticking out at the top, front and sides. It's OK if the pieces stick out cuz they'll be spiral curly and cute.

I used to wear a style like this when I had damage in the back that needed to grow out. Lots of compliments -- and it's not damaging (well, it wasn't to me.)

Imani

yes, layers are quite evil:mad: !!! I am in the same predicament. Synthia hit it right on the nail, a sexy messy pin-up is pretty much the only thing i can do to my hair at this point and has been my staple style pretty much all of this year.

thankfully, my hair is relatively healthy and growing out good in the top, so they come out looking pretty decent. I pin-up normally after doing a roller set with loose curls. Also, sometimes at night i roll my hair up if it want it curlier. I just finger comb in the morning and pin up the hair in the back. the fuller it is, the better it looks to me (but i am hooked on big hair)

its odd, but when i wear my hair like this, people assume that my hair is long underneath and i've even been asked if i have weave :perplexed

Good luck on ur hair journey:D With time and a little TLC, i'm sure u'll reach ur goals