Product Rave! Joico's Silk Result

kedra70

Product Rave! Joico\'s Silk Result

WARNING - PJ'S might need to run!

I got my hair relaxed a few days ago. My stylist was telling me about this new shampoo and conditioner called Silk Result by Joico. She can't keep it on the shelves!

There are two types of shampoo and conditioner: one set for fine/normal hair and the other for thick/course hair. Well she was right - she couldn't keep it on the shelves - I got the shampoos for thick/coarse hair and the conditioner for fine/normal hair.

I am IMPRESSED with Silk Result. The shampoo left my hair feeling soft - not overly silky - just soft, and the conditioner made my hair feel like a sheet of silk!!!! And yet, it didn't feel overly conditioned. The smell is delicious too. I've already used it twice this week, and really love the results.

Kedra

myco

Re: Product Rave! Joico\'s Silk Result

I knew better than to come into this thread.
Now it's going to be taunting me for the next 2 weeks. I picked it up at Ulta and then put it back. I was doing so good . . .

Did you get a rollerset or did your stylist flat-iron? I'm curious to find out how the Flat-iron spray works.

kedra70

Hi Myco,

My stylist didn't actually use the products on my hair at the salon - I got them for free (I get my hair done at Trade Secrets and have a punch card).

I washed my hair, then pinned it up and sat under my soft bonnet dryer. Not trying to encourage you or anything, but they are some really nice products. Even though I don't flat-iron my hair, I'm wondering about that spray too.

Kedra

MissB

I didn't care for the products. I used them at 6-7 weeks post relaxer. Maybe I will try them again one day soon. Thanks for your review!

kedra70

No problem. I'm going to continue to use the Silk Result until I get my next relaxer - sometime in October. The sixth or seventh week is usually the dealbreaker

Kedra

MissB

Kedra,

When I used the shampoo again, it made my hair a little hard. It wasn't the same as Keracare, Elasta, or Elucence. Is this shampoo supposed to strengthen your hair? I followed up with Nexxus Phyto Organics conditoner and my hair immediately became soft.

TIA,

MissB

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said:
I didn't care for the products. I used them at 6-7 weeks post relaxer. Maybe I will try them again one day soon. Thanks for your review!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried them too and didn't really care for them. Miss B, which Nexxus Phyto Organic conditioner do you use?

Kedra,

I'm glad the products worked out for you. I love the packaging

MissB

Supergirl,

I used the Hydruss shampoo. I got the same hard feeling on my hair as the Joico. I used the Enphuse Reconstructor. It must be very concentrated because it provided immediate softness. I mixed it with the Nectaress conditioner and used heat for 30 minutes. My hair was moisturized and detangled. I also used the Luxxtress leave-in moisturizer. That is also a great product. Previously, used the Babassu Mud and that was a winner also. So, I highly recommend everything except for the shampoo.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Wos--those products sound fantastic
Stop tempting me! Just kidding--I know I brought it on myself by asking.

kedra70

MissB,

Sorry I'm responding back to you so late. The shampoo has never made my hair hair - it feels soft and not-overly conditioned. So far, it's a keeper.

From what my stylist told me - the shampoo (along with the corresponding conditioner) is supposed to make the hair soft.

Kedra

MissB

Okay, thanks Kedra. I'm not getting those results like you and many others. So, I will put in the pile for my husband and son to use. Thanks for responding!

baglady215

Any more reviews for this line? I'm debating between the Moisture Recovery line and this one.

morehairplease

baglady215 said:
Any more reviews for this line? I'm debating between the Moisture Recovery line and this one.

this is the line I plan on picking up next Wednesday during the early bird hours at TS.

morehairplease

gymfreak336 said:
I plan on getting the moisture recovery one this week

if you get a chance to try it before next Wednesday, could you let me know how it worked for you?

thanks in advance,
tishee

willie525

I use the silk result conditioner after my deep conditioner--just for 1 to 2 minutes--when my new growth get real bad. It makes detangling a breeze and my hair extra smooth.

Nice & Wavy

I just bought this last weekend and used it. It did make my hair soft, but I felt like my hair was missing something, so I used my wonderful Nourish Spa and my hair thanked me.