Product Recommendations: Shampoos, Deep Conditioners, weekly conditioners!

Analiyah9

Hello,
I'm an a newly natural (transitioning, but might do a BC), and I was wondering what kind of
1. Shampoos
2. Deep Conditioners
3. Weekly conditioners

you guys use?

I was thinking about using Mizani, but I'm a college student and my budget is cheap :lol:

So I'm looking for alternatives.

Plus: what oils do you guys mix with your conditioners/shampoos, and how do you guys deep condition? And co-wash a week?
Thanks!

LuvlyRain3

Im a natural and im in school so i know what you mean about being on a budget. I try to look for things that I can purchase in a bss because I don't wasn't to become dependent on online products. Right now I am using herbal essence hello hydration for cowashing. I like it because it has a good slip and makes my hair really soft. Plus it always on sale at walmart or target. For shampoo I use elasta qp creamy shampoo. My hair always feels clean when I shampoo but never stripped. For dc I have been using cream of nature argan oil intensive treatment. I love this stuff. It makes my hair so soft and easy to detangle. and it smells amazing. It only comes in packets right now but I hope that they put it in a bottle real soon. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

PJaye

After much research, experimentation and product buying, I would recommend the following:

-Moisturizing Shampoo
Elasta QP Moisturizing Crème Shampoo – this is my staple shampoo because it cleans and moisturizes very well without stripping the hair or leaving it tangled. A 33.3oz bottle costs just under $8 and will last for eons; I use this on my weekly wash day.

-Chelating Shampoo
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo – this is a great, inexpensive clarifying shampoo that produces great results; the 12.5oz bottle costs approximately $6 and will last for quite a while. Although I’ve since switched to another brand, I would use this product roughly once a month depending upon the types of products/ingredients I had applied to my hair.

-Rinse-Off/Co-Washing Conditioners
VO5 and Suave Conditioners (i.e., VO5 Moisture Milks, Suave Naturals) - these will provide you with the moisture and manageability necessary for an effective co-washing experience. Be sure, however, to choose one that has a low concentration of cones and proteins; these range from under $1 to $3.

-Deep Conditioners
Giovanni Conditioners (Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating Calming Conditioner, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner, Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner) – these are really nice moisturizing conditioners with great ingredients; an 8oz container costs just under $5.

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak – this is an effective moisturizing conditioner that contains a light protein kick; each little package will cost just above $1.

As to methodology, after repeated attempts at using different methods of deep conditioning (overnight, hooded dryer and hair steamer), my preference is overnight conditioning because it produces the best overall results. However, I recommend that you find the best method of deep conditioning for your hair’s needs.

Oils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (penetrative, and creates slip) 16oz for $6, Castor Oil (penetrative with humectant properties) 32oz for $10, and Sunflower Oil (a ceramide oil) 16oz for $5 – all of these are inexpensive oils that can be easily added to your deep conditioners or used as sealants.

HTH!