Product Wish List: Products your dying to try...but haven't yet

I want to try everything Keracare. I also want to try ORS Hair Mayo or Motions CPR.

Keracare- I used the line exclusively for two years. the products are good, but meant to be used together on affirm relaxed hair. I used some of them as a natural, and they worked well too.

Disclaimer: this is my personal review. Some people love the products that I hate. My hair has a mind of its own and wants to do its own thang.Some of my opinions were formed pre-LHCF when I used shampoo undiluted,conditioning for 20 min only and dealing with dryness from the no lye relaxer.

Sensitive Scalp relaxer-At first it was wonderful. Then my hair dried out and I lost length.Any dryness I have dealt with is due to the remaining no lye in my hair

Affirm Lye relaxer-Gave me silky straight hair, that is less prone to dryness.

Affirm 5 in 1, positive link, fiberguard sustenance-
I have used when getting a touchup. I think they must work well. The sustenance has ceramides.
I used 5 in 1 twice at home and the second time, it made my hair a little too hard.I used positive link once at home and it sent me into protein overload. I am pretty sure they are wonderful at the right time for my hair.

Keracare 1st lather- clarifying-hair always felt stripped, dry. It wasn't for me since it doesn't chelate. My ex-stylist who works for Avlon says you are supposed to shampoo twice with the hydrating, detangling after using it. Not good for me. I do best with one lather.

Keracare Hydrating/Detangling Shampoo-moisturizing, softening, detangling, but if I used all of the rest of the products with silicone/mineral oil, sometimes it just wouldn't cut it. I still use it sometimes.

Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp shampoo-feels good on the scalp. wasn't very effective on my scalp flaking and was very drying to me.

Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp conditioner-Moisturizing, feels good on my scalp, but really didn't help my dry scalp condition long term.

Keracare Humecto-Thin very moisturizing/detangling deep conditioner. I have always had to saturate my hair with this to get good results. After a while it became less effective for me, but it is still good. I can use it again now, since I learned from Sistaslick about using conditioners for longer than 20 min.

Keracare Moisturizing Conditioner for Color treated hair-
I love this even though I don't use color. It is supposed to be anti breakage, and I think this helped me to grow out no lye ends without having major cuts. I just noticed the other day that it does contain ceramide.

Keracare Wrap Set Foam Lotion- I used to use this mainly when setting my own hair. It dries quick but after a while, I noticed my hair was consistently hard and dry. It contains keratin! probably the culprit.

Keracare Setting Lotion- loved this as a natural when I wanted to wear my hair straight. It is very detangling and moisturizing when you put it on/set.I like it diluted. It is important to let it dry totally, or my hair would be hard. I still have/will use it, but my hair doesn't really like setting lotion all the time. In the salon, my hair would be the bomb. Using it weekly, I experienced hardness/after using it every week. I tried it this summer, after getting my Pibbs and I had salon results I think because my hair finally dried evenly and thoroughly.

Keracare Silken Seal- is the bomb-shine,silkiness. It is expensive, but very concentrated and lasts a long time. the ingredients are cyclomethicone, dimethicone in that order, therefore clarifying is a must if using it. I don't use it very much anymore because it is hard for me to moisturize my hair with it on. It really seals.

Keracare Leave In- Very concentrated. Too heavy for my hair. I need thinner leave ins. It always made my hair heavy, then dry hard and greasy. I threw it away.

Keracare Oil Moisturizing lotion-my hair was heavy, greasy then dry. Not for me

Keracare High Sheen Glossifier- Basically vaseline with some I think Jojoba Oil. This was used after my rollers were removed. It is the bomb then, but my hair would be hella dry two days later, and it was hard to get my hair moisturized again.

Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Glossifier- vaseline and menthol basically. It worked for a day, then my scalp would be dry and itchy again and my roots would be weighed down.

Keracare Essential Oils for scalp-Good, but I prefer to buy the individual oils in bulk. I know some stylists add the oils to humecto,etc. so I use it as a guideline when adding oils to my dcs.

Keracare cream moisturizer-(tub) hated it-moisturized my hair for about an hour, then it was heavy and dry all over again.

Last edited:
My wish list/to try list:

Lady Fior Olive Oil conditioner -one of the first domi dc I tried. fairly moistuizing/detangling. Not as much slip as I wanted.
Miss Key's 10 en 1 conditioner-
BPT Wheat Germ conditioner (Germen de Trigo)
Crema Humectante Gusano de Seda (Silk Worm) Praital- This was the first(deep condit) one that I found very detangling/moisturizing. I can't use it too much, because my hair doesn't like too much protein.
La Bomba conditioner
La Bomba with Avocado Cream Conditioner
Lacio Lacio Intensive Conditioner (Star's Lacio Lacio)-Love love love it! detangling moisturizing and slippy. I didn't get the full effect until I got my Pibbs and my hair dried evenly. My hair stays moisturized and silky with this. Have had the ones with/without mink oil. to the one without i added a cap of castor oil and i get the same results.
Apretadora (Apretol015, cinnamon, rosemary) <--for hair loss
Colageno & Placenta conditioner (regenerating cream for damaged and weak hair)
Noni conditioner
Canela y Romero (Cinnamon & Rosemary) oil

Answers in purple

Lacio Lacio
Giovanni Leave In
Silicon Mix
Sebastoam Cellophane- have used this in the past-gives good shine and defined my natural hair I used clear, honey, a brown, blue black and burgundy- a long time ago and i don't remember the color names.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Not a product, but Pibbs
-Getting this made me realize that a lot of my hair problems: dryness came from my hair not drying thoroughly and getting dried out in the same time. My crown area has improved. It is nice to be able to fine tune the temperatures and set the timer and forget about it.Worth every penny

thanks:yawn: i have been seeing so much rave reviews on this nacidit. i almost bought it on sickbay.biz yesterday, but decided to wait. i am getting ready to go outside, so i don't know what might happen:perplexed

If I were you, I'd hit up a bss. Probably get a better price and no shipping!

The Porosity Control Poo/Con are great. The shampoo, for me, makes my hair soft and detangled and the Corrector is excellent. I use it once a week, and always after a relaxer.
As for Aveda, I loooove the Damage Remedy line. Excellent products and really improve the condition of my hair. I also love the Aveda Brilliant conditioner; it's an excellent moisturizing conditioner. The Aveda Brilliant Damage Control is one of my favorite leave ins. My hair comes out smooth and shiny. The Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate is a great prepoo. I just started using it and I couldn't believe how great my hair felt.
Hair2Heaven EndAll is one of the few moisturizers that I truly love. I have one jar left and I don't know what I am going to do when I run out.

Thanks Brownie for your thorough review! Now I know for sure I have to try these products:yep:

Jane Carter's SolutionI love the nourish and shine, very thick, you only need a small dab and the smell is to die for
Porosity Control Poo & ConLove them both, nuff said
Biolage Detangler
Aveda ProductsI love the damage remedy shampoo, great smell, lasts a long time
EndAll
Sareca's Palm Creme
Sedu or FHI flatiron

Thanks Gym, I'm hearing some great feedback about Porosity Control Poo & Con.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Love Love Love, did I say Love This stuff. The smell is wonderful and it feels good in your hands. This is a moisturizing conditioner and it has decent detangling powers too. I use this one and the white camellia one every now and then Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Mask
Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly

Curl Junkie Hibiscus Bliss Shampoo
Curl Junkie Chamomile & Jasmine Shampoo

Shea Terra Organics East African Shea Butter

Thank you Gymfreak!!!! I appreciate your review. :)

Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade....

I have heard rave reviews, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a styler without knowing if it will really keep my hair from reverting. I wish there was something similar that's cheaper, just in case it doesn't work for me.

Vatika Oil by BJ, WEN WEN WEN, and Sweet Cashew and Den1's products. But I am on a no buying freeze right now.:ohwell:

My List of what i wanna try:
-Hello Hydration (shampoo & cond) - Tried the condish, and it was very moisturizing. Great cheapie.
-Porosity Control (shampoo & Cond) - I use PC rinse. Great to lay the cuticle.
-Vatika Oil
-Soft Sheen Breakthru (shampoo & cond)
-Slicone mix - Love it. Best DC I have ever tried. I mix it w/a bit of KeraCare Humecto.
-Biologe Cera-repair - oooh, I wanna try this too.
-Sedu Ceramadie
-Elasta QP Oil Recovery
-Salerm 21 - oooh, I wanna try this too.
-Nexxus humectress - This was my fave for 2 years until recently, when I bought Silicon Mix and KeraCare Humecto. Its reliable but not as softening.
-Aphogee 2min - been a staple for as long as I could remember. Very reliable.

Giovanni Balanced 50/50 (I think that is the name). ONE DAY when I have used all my conditioners :look: I want to try this shampoo and conditioner set. The poo is sulfate free and the conditioner is silicone free. :yep: That is right up my alley.

(NOTE to newbies - there is nothing wrong with cones. I just prefer not to use them in my conditioners and moisturizers)

Gym....Girl you are the queen of PJism:grin:....I should just hit you up when I need a product review:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I would like to try

1 Whole line of Keracare products (I am well on my way..I have bought most of them, but have not really tried long enough to know how they are for me)
2 Affirm relaxer including all the stuff that comes with it
3 Silicone mix

Products that I haven't tried yet but love to are:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GBP Conditioner
Aveda Damage Remedy Line
Bhringraj Hair Oil
Brahmi Hair Oil
Porosity Control Shampoo and COnditioner
Nexxus Emergencee Treatment

Last edited:
Fantasia Frizz buster-I bought this and tried it today, but my hair was so try and hard after I blow out the roots. I was so excited to try it:perplexed, but I am a little disapointed about the result. Has anyone tired this before.

Gymfreak????:lachen::lachen:.JK - Anyone please help!!!:grin:

ETA-Bumping

Last edited:
My wish list

Ovation Cell Therapy (Sareca's recommendations always have me running out spending up my $$$ :lachen:)

HE LTR conditioner
Keracare Humecto
Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner
J/A/S/O/N biotin shampoo
Aveda Damage Remedy
Aveda Brilliant
Ionic Blowdryer (haven't picked out a model I want yet :ohwell:)
Hooded dryer

QUOTE=Aggie;3906653]Products that I haven't tried yet but love to are:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and ConditionerI haven't tried the shampoo but the conditioner is one of my favorites. It gives moisture and softness, wonderful smell
Aubrey Organics White Camelia ConditionerLove it too, gives me more smoothness, great after heavy protein with heat
Aubrey Organics GBP ConditionerGood mild protein, I like the smell of it and it only takes a couple of minutes to use it.
Aveda Damage Remedy LineI really really loved the shampoo. The conditioner was nice, worked the best for me during the relaxing process. I am contemplating going to the aveda school for my touchup just so they can use this one me then. I am thinking about revisiting the conditioner. I love the scent. Very concentrated products. Out of the two, I recommend the shampoo
Bhringraj Hair OilI get both of these oils from Bayan since you have an option of a sesame or coconut oil base. No mineral oil at all. I like them both although I would recommend you getting the coconut oil base. The bhringraj one has a stronger smell than the Brahmi
Brahmi Hair Oil
Porosity Control Shampoo and COnditionerGreat products. Honeydew put me on to them. These really helped me when I was starting to address my porosity issue
Nexxus Emergencee Treatment This has a gel like consistency. Its a good protein treatment, its a polymeric reconstructor so it helps glue the hair strand together again. It doesn't give me the brick helmet like aphogee and doesn't stink. I use it 10 minutes with heat.

My wish list

Ovation Cell Therapy (Sareca's recommendations always have me running out spending up my $$$ :lachen:)

HE LTR conditioner- This is a good cheapie. I have tried it as a deep conditioner and as a quick rinse. Both ways are great. It has a nice fruity scent and it left my hair super soft but not limp
Keracare HumectoI didn't like it. I have tried this many times trying to see why every is goo goo ga ga over it and I don't get it. IMO for what it does and for what is in it, its overpriced
Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner
J/A/S/O/N biotin shampoo
Aveda Damage RemedyAgain, Loved the shampoo
Aveda BrilliantGood creamy moisturizing conditioner. It didn't detangle as well as I would have liked but you don't need much. My hair dried very soft and full
Ionic Blowdryer (haven't picked out a model I want yet :ohwell:)If you are looking for an handheld one get a Rusk Hyperionic dryer. You can check TJmaxx and the like for them. I paid 40 bucks for mine at Marshalls.
Hooded dryer

I want to try Joico and Kenra line

Kenra Moisturizing conditioner- Great conditioner, my staple moisture treatment right now, very creamy, full of wheat protein which helps soften the hair and help it retain moisture

Joico Moisture Recovery Balm- This is Kenra on crack! :lol: It has the same color as Kenra MC but is super thick. I use this with heat and my hair has a smoothness and weight to it. I like this one now when I have alot of newgrowth

Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo- Its a creamy shampoo, nice smell, decent detangler and leaves my hair very soft. I don't need much to do the job and it keeps my hair clean without drying it out

Joico Kpak serum- One of my favorite serums. I use it on my ends and sometimes when I flat iron. Keeps my hair strong and has good ingredients

Joico Kpak shampoo- This is actually very moisturizing for me. Its extremely creamy and again, I only have to use a little bit

Joico Kpak conditioner- This is designed to be a strengthening conditioner. I left it on the first time for 20 mintues and that was a little too much for my hair so now I leave it on for just 5 instead. Good mild protein, add time and heat to intensify results. I usually follow it with a cheapie conditioner to help me detangle my hair

Joico Kpak reconstructor- This is the strong one. I don't use this much. It has a nice banana scent. I like this one maybe 2 weeks after a relaxer touchup. Be carefull though since you can over shoot your protein levels with this one if you leave it in too long. I use it for 5 -10 minutes and then follow it with a moisture treatment.

Joyce Williams products....
(will have to wait since I just bought the Pibbs, MAXIglide, and a whole slew of other ish lol)

Back