Products for blowdrying and flat ironing

sexyeyes3616

What are some good products to put on your hair before flat ironing and blow drying to get it really straight

Last edited:

straightlovely

for y own hair i use joico kpak damaged hair leave in. Its a foam so its really light which i love...then I use Chi silk infusion and then chi iron guard right before i flat iron. The combo leaves my hair light and with a lot of body!

Divine Inspiration

CHI Silk Infusion, TIGI Control Freak

Also, I think the poo and con make a difference. A moisturizing straight hair style starter makes a world of difference for me.

foxieroxienyc

First off doing a moisturizing DC is a MUST, for me when I decide to go straight. I use a conefree moisturizing conditioner (Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner is what I SWEAR by) with heat for 20 mins. Then use a good leave-in (small amount on wet hair - usually Salerm 21), seal with a SMALL amount of castor/coconut oil, and apply Sebastian Potion 9. I spray my hair with Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray on my hair then dry. My hair comes out light and airy. The key is to not go over board with the products. In any case when your hair is wet it helps to distribute them a little better.

FlawedBeauty

do you flat iron using this method or just blow dry?? i thought u were not supposed to flat iron hair with oil on it cuz it will cook the hair or somethin...

First off doing a moisturizing DC is a MUST, for me when I decide to go straight. I use a conefree moisturizing conditioner (Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner is what I SWEAR by) with heat for 20 mins. Then use a good leave-in (small amount on wet hair - usually Salerm 21), seal with a SMALL amount of castor/coconut oil, and apply Sebastian Potion 9. I spray my hair with Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray on my hair then dry. My hair comes out light and airy. The key is to not go over board with the products. In any case when your hair is wet it helps to distribute them a little better.

LikeNoOther

Keracare Silken Seal (serum) is GREAT for blow drying and flat ironing.

However, I do agree that the 'smoothing/straightening' process begins with the shampoo and conditioning method/products used :yep:

KAT25

leave in conditioner (HE LTR)
Keracare Glossifier
Motions Heat Protectant

and after flat ironing you put a little more Glossifier on it and your hair will look great and feel soft :grin:

SoCalli

Shampoo: Oscar Blandi Alla Crema
Conditioner: Oscar Blandi Alla Crema
Heat protectants: H2 Ion with Chi Silk Infusion on top

These products allow the flat iron to glide through my hair. My hair is soooo soft, bouncy, and shiny.

rayne

Mizani Thermasmooth conditioner and the serum. You'll look like you just got a fresh relaxer :grin:

KLomax

SABINO MOISTURE BLOCK.... I use it when I flat iron.....Your hair will stay STRAIGHT until your next wash. Use after your leave ins.

Missi

any leave-in & serum

KeraCare Leave-in & Serum
WEN Cleansing Conditioner & Styling Creme
& any Dominican leave-in

and use a heat protectant (ANY: 1) CHI or FHI 2) TRESEMME 3) OTHER)) before you flat iron. HTH

KLomax

any leave-in & serum

KeraCare Leave-in & Serum
WEN Cleansing Conditioner & Styling Creme
& any Dominican leave-in

and use a heat protectant (ANY: 1) CHI or FHI 2) TRESEMME 3) OTHER)) before you flat iron. HTH
Sabino is a heat protectant/serum....use whatever leave in / oil that you prefer....I usually use NTM silk touch leave in .There are quite a few threads/testimonitals from LHCFer's.