Between Blowdrying and flat ironing

luciole

I was wondering, how much time do people allow to pass between blow drying and flat ironing ? In most cases I've seen, the flat ironing immediately follows the blow drying but has anyone tried flat ironing their hair the next day/week ? If so what kind of results did you get ? Or would advise against it ? If so why ?

Evolving78

people usually use heat on clean hair and free of buildup. do you mean alternating? now i have blown my hair and flat ironed it the next morning, if that's what you mean. nothing wrong with waiting to do it the next day.

chanjune80

I usually blow dry one day and flat iron the next. I do it because my hair is thick. By the time I get to flat ironing I am tired and it does not turn out as good because I am not as concerned with the details. I just want to get through it. My hair turns out better when I wait, because I am well rested and will take my time.

Theresamonet

I blow dry and then immediately flat iron. I always flat iron on clean, freshly DC'd hair. I once blew my hair out, went to dinner and flat ironed when I got home. That's about the longest I'll wait.