Products that define curl pattern??

vpoetic

Are there any products besides KCC and Hair Rule that define your curl pattern without leaving your hair feeling dry and nasty. My problem is that my curls in the front and very back are define but the middle isn't. However I don't want a product that is going to make my hair look like it is a jurl curl are that is too expensive (over $20) I am on a budget; HELP ME!!!

Last edited:

keriplz

I have never tried Mixed Chicks, but I think that it might help loosen and define curl pattern. Maybe someone else can back me up on this.

almond eyes

I learnt the hard way through buying too many expensive products that if your hair is not curly or wavy to begin with but rather spongy in some areas no product will loosen or bring out a curl/wave pattern.

Best,
Almond Eyes

♥Lamaravilla♥

Hairveda's Whipped Gelly and Afroveda's Pur Whipped Gelly have worked really well for helping to define my curls. I like these 2 products a lot better than the KCCC because they don't leave my hair sticky or crunchy if I happen to be too heavy-handed with it.

I would not recommend Mixed Chicks, the product is waxy and drying and leaves tons of horrible residue on the hair that you are going to have to clarify the hell out of your hair to remove it.

Dak

TIGI's Catwalk line has "Curls Rock" that does a nice job defining curls. Longs Drugstore carries it.

Coconut oil is really nice too.

JMH1908

I agree with So1913 with the IC gel and I also use the 14n1 Miracle Worker by Hawaiian Silky if I don't use Miss Jessies Baby Buttercream.

isabella09

I was just wondering if anyone had tried Qhemet Biologics’s Honeybush Tea Soft Gel for curl definition? How did you find the product? Thanks very much :)

vpoetic

Thank you guys for all your suggestion, I will definitely be trying and making some of these products.

chebaby

mu curls are already defined but i use kbb hair milk under any butter.
i also like ohm sweet hair pudding but i only use a little because it can be heavy.

suburbanbushbabe

I was just wondering if anyone had tried Qhemet Biologics’s Honeybush Tea Soft Gel for curl definition? How did you find the product? Thanks very much :)
This is a soft gel that was very effective for me in the humid hot weather. It can absorb a lot of humidity and that's what I want for my summer hair. I would use it over a creamy leave in or under another soft gel (one without glycerin). I tend not use it in the winter because there is little atmospheric humidity.

Whatever texture defining product you use, all it's going to do is boost what you have. It will clump whatever texture you have, but will not creat curls where there arne't any. Given that, I tend to start my texture definition during conditioning, further clump and defiine with a leave-in, and go for hold and moisture sealing with a gel. This works because my hair is like cotton candy without product. Leaveins that work for me:

Afroveda Curly Pudding
Abba Pure Gentle
Loma Imply
Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leavein
I'm trying out Curls Whipped cream for the second time in 3 years.

Gels
KCCC
Theraneem Leaf and Aloe vera gel
Giovanni LA Naturals

Last edited:

isabella09

This is a soft gel that was very effective for me in the humid hot weather. It can absorb a lot of humidity and that's what I want for my summer hair. I would use it over a creamy leave in or under another soft gel (one without glycerin). I tend not use it in the winter because there is little atmospheric humidity.

Whatever texture defining product you use, all it's going to do is boost what you have. It will clump whatever texture you have, but will not creat curls where there arne't any. Given that, I tend to start my texture definition during conditioning, further clump and defiine with a leave-in, and go for hold and moisture sealing with a gel. This works because my hair is like cotton candy without product. Leaveins that work for me:

Afroveda Curly Pudding
Abba Pure Gentle
Loma Imply
Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leavein
I'm trying out Curls Whipped cream for the second time in 3 years.

Gels
KCCC
Theraneem Leaf and Aloe vera gel
Giovanni LA Naturals

Awesome information. Thank you very much! :)