Products That Turned Your Hair Around

Smiley79

I'm almost finished using all my conditioners and I'm looking into trying something else for a change. I remember a while back I went to a natural hair salon and the hair dresser highly recommended Nexxuss Emergencee as a great option for my hair. Have you all tried any conditioners that really turned your hair around over time.

iLurk

moisturizing: joico moisture recovery balm

protein: joico k-pak reconstructor.

Hair just feels so much better after adding those products to my regime.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Novex Deep conditioners especially the recovering mix, the mineral clay and the argan oil. They make my hair feel soft,silky and help my curls to be really defined. i use them as both deep conditioners with heat or as leave ins.

mzpurp

Where do you get yours? Do you get it for a discounted price?

emada

I just got a sample of the conditioner that I'm looking forward to trying.

mzpurp I've heard that Marshalls and TJ Maxx sell Joico at lower prices. Also Ulta occasionally has them on sale.

iLurk

mzpurp I usually buy both from amazon. Sometimes the price for the 5 oz bottles of kpak go for about $5 so I get a couple of those. And the price for the 16.9 oz of recovery balm is around $20-25

bludaydreamr

Design Essentials Express Instant Moisturizing Conditioner it was geat while I transitioned and now after years, it still is a great conditioner.

NaturallyATLPCH

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (although pricey, it has been, by far, one of the best moisturizing conditioners I have ever used. And I'm a HUGE PJ)

SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor (I used this after my color and I did not see one broken hair after usage)

Both are staples in my regimen.

CodeRed

Steaming and Irish Moss. Still experimenting with all natural ingredients... most of them have been kind but I really like the detangling/softening effects of Irish Moss and how hydrated my hair/scalp are after a 20 minute steaming.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Silk Dreams deep conditioners (namely Razzberry Coconut Affair and Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream)

Annabelle's Perfect Blends hair creams (soft and conditioned hair for days)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Nexxus Emergencee always gets my hair back on track. I was suffering from over moisturized hair for the past few months and I didn't realize that's what it was until I did an Emergencee treatment. The breakage and tangles stopped immediately. I have been using this treatment since I was relaxed. Now that I am natural breakage is rare, but when it happens I use Nexxus.

I usually follow up with Silk Elements Mega Moisture treatment. A moisture dc is needed afterwards, because NE is a reconstructor.

Last edited:

kupenda

Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk was the first moisturizing dc to actually work on my hair and keep it happy after wash day was over

Silk Dreams Mocha Silk brought my curls back after horrible heat damage. I love that stuff

nymane

3 Treatments turned my over-processed/highly porous hair around:

1) Silicon Mix DC (original)

2) Lacio lacio leave-in

3) Aphogee 2 step Protein treatment

PlainJane

3 Treatments turned my over-processed/highly porous hair around: 1) Silicon Mix DC (original) 2) Lacio lacio leave-in 3) Aphogee 2 step Protein treatment

How do u know if u have the original or not?
Also, where do you find your LaCio LaCio?

nymane

How do u know if u have the original or not?
Also, where do you find your LaCio LaCio?

The original just says, "Silicon Mix":
http://smile.amazon.com/Silicon-Int...F8&qid=1413344964&sr=1-5&keywords=silicon+mix

There's also Silicon Mix Bambu and Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla, both are very good too, but the original is THE most moisturizing treatment of the 3 (IMO).

I buy both Silicon Mix DC and lacio lacio leave-in at my local beauty supply store, since it's more expensive online. These two products literally transformed my hair; the key is being consistent, using them every single week (and not neglecting protein, since they are moisture intensive products).

Here's lacio lacio if you can't find it locally:
http://smile.amazon.com/Lacio-Shine...F8&qid=1413345421&sr=1-1&keywords=lacio+lacio

bronzephoenix

Cutting silicones did it for me. I'm really loving Everyday Shea Vanilla Mint conditioner right now.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sosa

Steaming with egg yolk, coconut oil and honey. My hipo hair can come back from any abuse with that dyno-mite combo :yep:.

JerriBlank

I had damaged my hair again shortly after my BC :lol:
Relax with Leisure dramatic reconstructor wiith castor oil added saved my hair!! Nothing else came close. Of course, my local BSS stopped selling it :cry:
Haven't found it since. smh.

It was cheap and super effective. basically, a conditioner, silk amino acids and I added castor oil. Super DC! That whole line was nice. They've probably been absorbed by a bigger company, and the ingredients are now bs.

Last edited: