Regimens and products that turned ur hair completly around...

bluediamond0829

Okay im just coming out of transitioning for a year and 3 months now. I straightened my hair well pressed it out last night and was kind of disappointed in some areas. Maybe i need to get it done professionally. But i thought it would look more healthy since im natural. I never did a big chop I just stopped relaxing and just transitioned. I had only one trim which was back in April of this year. My hair looks good when its not going for that all in one place look or if i want to wear a afro or a curly fro and its grown out of the short cut very much. But ive seen women with afros and curly fros that can straighten and their hair can look great.

So what part of my regimen do i need to tweak?

Its been a hit and miss with me. I love Silk Elements moisturizing conditioner and shampoo and deep conditioning and cowashing. I dont use much heat. And i wear protective styles of 3/4 wigs and wigs. My vitamins are a prenatal vitamins.

Any pics of before and afters would be great!! :)

what regimen or products or vitamins has turned your hair completly around?

I know this has been posted probably so just either link me to a thread so i can do the reading also. I tried looking thru some threads but wow its so many.

FluffyRed

When I was natural, my hair was in its best condition when I cowashed every day.

Also, having a "hair twin" on Fotki and watching what they do with your texture can help a lot.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Last edited:

silkii_locks

Deep conditioning with heat, roller setting, Always sleeping with my head covered at night, keeping my protein and moisture balance in check. Joico K-pac conditioner, Design Eessentials moisture retention shampoo, coconut oil, shea butter and ORS replenishing condtioner:yep:

hillytmj

• No direct heat!!!
  • Daily vitamins (1 Nioxin Hair Vitamin, 1 Geritol Multivitamin and 1 B-Complex vitamin)
  • Low manipulation
  • Protect your hair at night with rollers/scarves/satin pillowcases
  • Moisturizing/sealing ends
  • Weekly deep conditioning

bluediamond0829

Thanks ladies for all ur suggestions....I started tonight with tweaking my regimen..

Hillytmj i was taking Nioxin i need to get some more they were really great for my nails and they may have been benefiting my hair also not sure though...

Sunshyn3

1. washing and deep conditioning every 3 days
2. only relaxing the new growth (I had to change stylists, he was horrible)
3. moisturizing and sealing
4. sleeping in a satin scarf & bonnet
5. Wearing my hair up in simple styles.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Techniques:
-Dc'ing twice a week
-Shampooing only the scalp, so the length of my hair doesn't get tangled and dried out
-Wet bunning
-Moisturizing very liberally
-Chelating monthly to get rid of build up
-Protecting hair at night
-Detangling from the ends up

Products:
-GVP Extra Gentle Shampoo
-Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker

Evolving78

when i started using products that were better quality and when i finally understood what my hair needed. natural heavy moisturizing products, cowashing, dcing. when my hair was at its worst, i was coloring my hair like crazy, using heat everyday, using products that just didn't work. i really don't buy hair products from the bss anymore except for my fantasia ic gel and hair color. when i was relaxed, biostrand turned my hair around and just getting it washed, dc, leave in spray, molded flat to dry, and then flat ironed for the week. i haven't had a problem with being natural, since i just cowashed and would use fantasia gel. QB products are great. they are heavy and very moisturizing. i like oily products too.

gymfreak336

When my hair was very damaged, I would wash and condition twice a week. The first conditioning session was always a full protein treatment followed by a moisture treatment. The second one was a moisture treatment. I used clear rinses once a month to help keep my cuticle intact. I also limited my heat use especially since I had a crappy flat iron.

For vitamins and the like, make sure you eat enough protein, get enough b-vitamins, and get enough healthy fats in your diet.

redecouvert

what helped me was
a) using only natural products
b) stop worrying so much about my hair and just letting it do whatever it likes i.e no more combing, no more worrying about shrinkage and most importantly not wishing it looks a certain way:yep: