Profectiv Relaxer-I Think I Want to Try It

LocksOfLuV

It has great ingredients too.

How has this relaxer been to you? How was the silkiness factor? I want to texlax with it? So how was it on straightening (easy or it took some time)?

Summer_Rain

Funny that you started this thread. I just purchased (like 20mins ago) the Profectiv kit. I've been using ORS and wanted to switch it up since Profectiv has great products in general.

HoneyDew

I LOVE this relaxer. The super can get you too straight, though. If you are fast it is great, though.

They have a professional kind that only comes with the relaxer (no shampoo) and I really don't think it gets your hair as straight. I says "professional formula" on it. That one does nothing for my hair. I need the kit.

The kit does not really have a conditioner (which is fine for me). It has some Profectiv Break Free instead. You apply that as a leave in, per the instructions, or use it as a deep conditioner and rinse. I have never done either and just use my own conditioner.

It is the best relaxer I have tried because it does not make my hair feel flat and over processed and stiff.

amwcah

Based on the review I received from HoneyDew, I purchased it. I raved about it to my sister and she relaxed with it before I did. Unfortunately, her hair reverted a week or two later. She complained about it until she was able to relax again. Therefore, I tried ORS instead.

I still have the box. PM me if your interested!

RubyWoo

I LOVE this relaxer! This is the only relaxer where I actually feel like my hair is stronger after putting it in because of (I believe) the conditioning properties. I use the regular strength and it gets my hair bone straight without any problems. My hair also comes out feeling soft; not hard or dry.

As for the kit itself, the breakfree conditioner is wonderful and the neutralizing mousse is awesome. I started buying breakfree regularly(it became a staple day to day moisturizer in addition to Profectiv Healthy Ends ) after using this relaxer. It keeps my hair strong and moisturized.

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

amwcah said:
Based on the review I received from HoneyDew, I purchased it. I raved about it to my sister and she relaxed with it before I did. Unfortunately, her hair reverted a week or two later. She complained about it until she was able to relax again. Therefore, I tried ORS instead.

I still have the box. PM me if your interested!

Awww thank you. I am still in the process of choosing which relaxer I want to buy (they have so many) so I am gonna decline. But thank you again for your kindness.

Naturelle I am already sold, thank you.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I looooooooove this relaxer. It was wonderful and left my hair straight and soft with little to no breakage. I love all profectiv products, they are my fav line. Now I just need them to make a shampoo to go along with their growth conditioner and I will be straight.

sugarose

I've used this relaxer for a couple of years now. It's easy to texlax with. The only thing I can tell you, is stay away from the color ones. They don't do anything as far as a touch-up and the color stays for about 1 week.
Other than that, I just use regular and it works great.

Summer_Rain

Well Locks you know per my BT thread how I feel about Profectiv. In the last year, all I've used was ORS - the way my hair feels now reminds me of the soft fluffliness you get after a fresh doobie or dominican blow out. I've NEVER been able to achieve this feel on my own. Profectiv is now my relaxer of choice.

PinkPeony

SummerRain said:
Well Locks you know per my BT thread how I feel about Profectiv. In the last year, all I've used was ORS - the way my hair feels now reminds me of the soft fluffliness you get after a fresh doobie or dominican blow out. I've NEVER been able to achieve this feel on my own. Profectiv is now my relaxer of choice.

Okay now I'am really waiting for Locks review.:D
That sounds great Summer,have you ever used Optimum-no-lye(my relaxer)?
I think it's really good so I wonder how it compares to Profectiv.

Babygurl

I love, love, LOVE this relaxer and have used it for almost 3 years. I am not relaxed bone straight (only about 70% relaxed) and this relaxer gets the job done, always leaves my hair silky, shiny, and bouncy. I never burn with this relaxer, I use regular. Im absolutely in love with the foam neutralizer, and I also love that the relaxer has a pleasant smell. My only suggestion is to not use the Super unless u truly want bone straight hair.

Last edited:

Ladyhenri

Ok...i am gonna try this relaxer.
I've been eyeing it for a while now after a work colleague recommended it to me...she said it made her hair strong and soft. Still wasnt sure but after reading this, i am giving it a shot!
My next touch up is still four weeks away tho:look:

GeorginaSparks

Locks, ill wait for you to use it then ill get it based on your review. I remember i relaxed a few days after you did.

LocksOfLuV

OKay yall I am COMPLETELY sold. If I had the cash I would buy it today.:lol:

Like Babygurl, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the foaming neutralizer. Love it. So I have no doubts that I will love this. I can't wait.

I will bump this up (or start a new thread) when I relax. I relax around the 21st.

MonaLisa

Babygurl said:
I love, love, LOVE this relaxer and have used it for almost 3 years. I am not relaxed bone straight (only about 70% relaxed) and this relaxer gets the job done, always leaves my hair silky, shiny, and bouncy. I never burn with this relaxer, I use regular. Im absolutely in love with the foam neutralizer, and I also love that the relaxer has a pleasant smell. My only suggestion is to not use the Super unless u truly want bone straight hair.

ot - I was waiting for you to show up in this thread.... I was ain't this BG's ish...I know she loves it like I love Phyto...:lol:

Locks...looking forward to hearing your review! Good luck!:D

HoneyDew

sugarose said:
I've used this relaxer for a couple of years now. It's easy to texlax with. The only thing I can tell you, is stay away from the color ones. They don't do anything as far as a touch-up and the color stays for about 1 week.
Other than that, I just use regular and it works great.

I did not the color on either! I was not impressed at all!!!

HoneyDew

sunbasque said:
BUMP.....Is this the "Anti-Damage" No-Lye Therapeutic Relaxer?

They have so many kinds and im confused

yep. but not the one that has color in the kit or the professional formula.

Those are just not as good, IMO.

I have not tried the touch up kit they have, although the gel neutralizer looks nice.

lshevonne

I love this relaxer. I'm known for switching relaxers but it's been over a week and my hair seems to feel pretty good. I used it for my texlax touch up. For some reason my hair seems to love no-lye. I'm also going to add the Break-Free to my list as a staple. Even my shedding has been better. So far, this is a keeper for me.

HoneyDew

lshevonne said:
I love this relaxer. I'm known for switching relaxers but it's been over a week and my hair seems to feel pretty good. I used it for my texlax touch up. For some reason my hair seems to love no-lye. I'm also going to add the Break-Free to my list as a staple. Even my shedding has been better. So far, this is a keeper for me.

Do you use everything in the kit? I never use the break free and the other cream, they just started putting in there (forgot the name).

I use the neutralizing foam, but I use my own conditioners. I wish they had a nice conditioner in the package. They list the Break Free as a leave in after neutralizing. I need a conditioner in between those steps.