Relaxer recommendations... want to texlax

Neith

I've decided to texlax next month.

I will apply saa and jojoba oil to my hair/the relaxer and not leave it in for more than 15 minutes.

I just don't know what realxer would be good to go with.

I have natural type 4a hair with 3c in the kitchen and the hair line. It's VERY resistant to any type of straightening, but it's also not able to withstand a lot of damage ( I have to baby it)

I was thinking affirm maybe ors olive oil or profective, but I'm not very relaxer savvy.

I'd like a lye relaxer that is less damaging and more moisturizing, but also has good straightening power...

help?:ohwell:

poookie

i'm partially texlaxed, and i'd recommend hawaiian silky lye. last time i put it in, i put about 3 tablespoons of oil, left it in for 20 minutes, and it left me texlaxed with serious 3c waves when i was done... wasn't my intention, but i'm happy :spinning:

you should be good if you leave it in for the amount of time that you said :yep:

and even though no relaxer is "healthy", hawaiian silky has chamomile, nettle, mistletoe, oatmeal, rosemary, and several other extracts that make it smell a lot less like a relaxer.

i'd use it again if i didn't want to relax bone straight next time.

Suerte

i'm partially texlaxed, and i'd recommend hawaiian silky lye. last time i put it in, i put about 3 tablespoons of oil, left it in for 20 minutes, and it left me texlaxed with serious 3c waves when i was done... wasn't my intention, but i'm happy :spinning:

you should be good if you leave it in for the amount of time that you said :yep:

and even though no relaxer is "healthy", hawaiian silky has chamomile, nettle, mistletoe, oatmeal, rosemary, and several other extracts that make it smell a lot less like a relaxer.

i'd use it again if i didn't want to relax bone straight next time.

I am itching to texlax... I just checked your fotki... but do you have any pictures of your hair with the texlaxer in it or any washngo or shakengo styles? I'd really love to see that.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I think 15 minutes is too long. You'll be relaxed strait at that time limit. You should check the chart to see what it recommends for relaxing and cut it in half. If you still want to wash n go like natural I'd leave it on for even less time than that.

poookie

I am itching to texlax... I just checked your fotki... but do you have any pictures of your hair with the texlaxer in it or any washngo or shakengo styles? I'd really love to see that.

i'm only partially texlaxed, so wash and go styles would look 'tarded on me (1/2 of the strand is bone straight relaxed hair, and the half closest to the scalp is texlaxed)... but next time i wash i'll definitely take some pictures of sections of wet and dry texlaxed hair and put them in my fotki.

PinkPeony

I think 15 minutes is too long. You'll be relaxed strait at that time limit. You should check the chart to see what it recommends for relaxing and cut it in half. If you still want to wash n go like natural I'd leave it on for even less time than that.
Yes I think so too.Most texlaxers leave their relaxer on for 5-7 min total:yep:
However in my last texlax I used gentle no lye -regular,relaxed in sections and smoothed for 15-20 min. each... I came out texturized with silky smooth curls:lachen:

Neith

I think I'll be okay. My hair is EXTREMELY resistant. It's hard to get it fully relaxed even with a super strength relaxer left on for the full processing time... believe it or not. I dunno, it's just always been like that. Plus, I'm going to be cutting it with a little SAA, Oil and Conditioner, so it'll give me some extra time. 7 mins would do nothing for my hair... even at 20 I'll still be texturized. Probably at 30 I still wouldn't be fully relaxed. I don't know the reason for resistant hair, I just know that I've got it from prior experience.

Last edited:

lovelymissyoli

I recommend silk elements lye mild

DITTO!! I used this on my last texlax :love: (photos in album or siggy) . However, I didn't mix it with anything to weaken it's straightening power so I suggest you do a strand test first with the relaxer by itself and with the ingredients you plan to mix it with to see what will work best for your hair.

Also...Silk Elements Lye Mild is sold exclusively at Sally's!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Yes I think so too.Most texlaxers leave their relaxer on for 5-7 min total:yep:
However in my last texlax I used gentle no lye -regular,relaxed in sections and smoothed for 15-20 min. each... I came out texturized with silky smooth curls:lachen:

Which relaxer did you use? WoW,,,I am aiming to have that kind of look in the future.:spinning: I am thinking about using a lye relaxer, but I'm not sure if I will use a texturizer or a relaxer for my results.

prospurr4

:newbie:Hello everyone,
I don't want to sound ignorant, but what is a texlax?

Welcome, Eligonma! A texlax is when a relaxer is applied to hair for less than the recommended time in order to obtain less-than-straight results. It's basically underprocessing the hair, intentionally, in order to retain some texture and thickness.

darkangel25

I think I'll be okay. My hair is EXTREMELY resistant. It's hard to get it fully relaxed even with a super strength relaxer left on for the full processing time... believe it or not. I dunno, it's just always been like that. Plus, I'm going to be cutting it with a little SAA, Oil and Conditioner, so it'll give me some extra time. 7 mins would do nothing for my hair... even at 20 I'll still be texturized. Probably at 30 I still wouldn't be fully relaxed. I don't know the reason for resistant hair, I just know that I've got it from prior experience.

Your hair sounds just like mine. I have used super relaxers and left them on 25 mins at times and I am still underprocessed, so I have gotten used to it and started liking my texture. :grin: So now I am either going to go natural or I am going to texlax and trying to decide now what I want to do how I want to do that. I normally use profectiv no-lye.

SparklingFlame

I used Silk Elements from Sally's and I think its great. So far at least. :grin: Its a lye relaxer. I quit using no-lye way before I went natural. Please use a Lye relaxer.

PinkPeony

Which relaxer did you use? WoW,,,I am aiming to have that kind of look in the future.:spinning: I am thinking about using a lye relaxer, but I'm not sure if I will use a texturizer or a relaxer for my results.
The relaxer is called Gentle no lye for fine hair,I used regular:yep: