Protecting ends and preventing splits

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
What do you all recommend for prevting split ends? I've been having split ends lately and it's messing with my growth since I had to clip about 1". I'd like to keep them healthy, but I normally wear my hair down. Plus SO gives me grief when I pull my hair back and bun.

Do you moisturize and seal on a regular basis? I found that doing that and low manipulation seriously stopped the split end problem.

Also, since your SO doesn't like buns, you could put it up in a clip (that makes a cute style if your ends are curled under) or you can just put it up in a loose bun when you are alone or at work. That way, when he sees you, he'll have no idea you were bunned up all day. :)

Do you moisturize and seal on a regular basis? I found that doing that and low manipulation seriously stopped the split end problem.

Also, since your SO doesn't like buns, you could put it up in a clip (that makes a cute style if your ends are curled under) or you can just put it up in a loose bun when you are alone or at work. That way, when he sees you, he'll have no idea you were bunned up all day. :)
:grin: funny

I have been delinquent on my sealing lately.... I really do need to start back. I've been so busy that my hair has been on the backseat. UGH!

I am having this issue too. I just cut off 2", which put me back at just above BSL. Come on and help a sista out.

:prettyplease:

I've had this problem lately too. Now I am sealilng and baggying. Then I put my hair up and put a fall/half wig over it all. That way everyone is happy (my man and my hair).

Yes I was going to suggest giving your ends an olive oil bath, wrap, and let sit for at least 15 min before washing. Then add extra oil to the ends before blow drying.

you could try putting your hair in a ponytail and instead of curling the ends, use a bobby pin to pin your ends to the back/underside of your head. i cant seem to find a pic of it right now, but its helpful because you have your ends hidden and it just looks like your hair is curled under.

hth!

you could try putting your hair in a ponytail and instead of curling the ends, use a bobby pin to pin your ends to the back/underside of your head. i cant seem to find a pic of it right now, but its helpful because you have your ends hidden and it just looks like your hair is curled under.

hth!
I know what you talking about.....but I can only do that when SO not there..... he prefers my hair down......:ohwell:

I can honestly say that moisturizing and sealing in sections has helped me tremendously! I only comb on wash days and finger comb in between.

Back