Protective Styles

Leo24Rule

Hi!
For those of you who have your hair in braids (plaits, cornrows) under wigs or in protective styles do you take down the hair daily to re-moisturize or just slather leave-in conditioner, sealant (oil), and/or butter?
And how long do you keep your hair in braids (plaits, cornrows) under wigs before your next wash day?
Thank you!

AmeeraMadz

I just remoisturize with a leave-in or cream, and wash with shampoo about once a week. I also loved lightly rinsing or steaming my hair daily in the shower while in mini-braids or twists.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I moisturize daily and wash weekly or every two weeks. I take the cornrows/braids/plaits down before washing.

ms.blue

I spray my braids with water then re moisturize (I squeeze the moisturizer onto my plaits) followed by an oil. I usually would take down weekly to wash but lately I have been keeping my braids in for two weeks (but still washing my scalp weekly).

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty so you and condition your hair in the same braids you had for the week? I've been wanting to do this but I'm wondering if the dc will fully saturate my hair
Yes. I rinse, shampoo, rinse, dc and then one by one I take down each braid and detangle. Then I add my leave in and braid it back. I take my time and apply my dc one braid at a time. I work from the ends up and massage it into my roots. I'm honestly afraid of washing my hair loose. I haven't done it that way in ages.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Yes. I rinse, shampoo, rinse, dc and then one by one I take down each braid and detangle. Then I add my leave in and braid it back. I take my time and apply my dc one braid at a time. I work from the ends up and massage it into my roots. I'm honestly afraid of washing my hair loose. I haven't done it that way in ages.

Thanks. I'm gonna try this

Alta Angel

I spray my twists every night with braid spray. Two to three times per week, I apply braid spray and a creamier leave-in with the twists.