Protective Styling: 4 Year Natural Hair Journey Of A Popular Youtuber

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
This is Nitra's natural hair. It looks thick, healthy, long and beautiful. Although I am a big proponent and believer of protective styling, I know that one can gain beautiful results without it. She does not show you her routine for wigs, weaves and extensions. She does talk about it a little bit. I think her results after 4 years are just spectacular!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Nice hair. For 4 years it doesn't seem like much if your hair is put away the whole time. Probably wrong since I'm only looking at the screenshot, her voice is annoying so I'm not going to watch. I'm thinking of hiding my hair next year in faux locs & braid extensions.
I hope you come back and let us see what that looks like. I enjoy seeing other people's protective styles!

Why did her stylist trim *before* flat-ironing? That looks as if she trimmed more than was necessary.
In the video I believe Nitra stated it was time for a trim as she had not had one recently and it seems like she trusts her stylist. I'd love to have a stylist that I trusted with my hair!

It's so pretty and shiny. She is glowing and seems so happy with her hair's health. Love it!
It's always nice to see someone who projects happiness and satisfaction with their accomplishment. I think it's pretty, too. It's so thick and full, too!

charmtreese

She has really pretty hair!!! This video made me think about straightening my hair, but with this summer heat, I have to resist.

Thanks for sharing!