Protein Pre-Poo with Steamer?

davisbr88

So I finally got a chance to pull out the steamer I got last week! I'm really excited and want to do a protein treatment, so I was wondering if anyone used a protein treatment/conditioner on dry hair and steamed it, then poo'd, and afterwards DC'd with a moisture treatment under the steamer again. If you have, what protein treatment/condish did you use? I am trying to decide between using a Dominican protein condish or just mixing up some V05 with an egg or something. What do you guys think?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
i would use aphogee two minute for a protein treatment. egg molecules are not small enuff to penetrate that hair shaft, it only takes care of the outer layer.

eta: i only DC on dry hair.

Last edited:

davisbr88

Update: So since I didn't get many responses, I took the plunge and tried it myself. I pre-poo'd with Una Bomba mixed with Chi Silk Infusion, Organix Coconut Oil condish, a packet of Redken Silk Fuel, and some Bee Mine Avocado Cream condish. I applied it and sat under the steamer for 30 minutes. Omg... my hair felt fantastic! I definitely will be doing this often! Later I poo'd with Bee Mine ayurvedic herb poo bar and went under the steamer again for 15 minutes with a mixture of V05 Moisture Milks, coconut oil, honey, and hibiscus powder. My hair felt strong, soft, and moisturized. This is definitely the new spa day regimen!