Protein Treatments

VelvetRain

Has anyone ever used two protein treatments right after each other? I am wondering because I wanted to use Nexxus Keraphix and then go straight to Aubreys GPB without a moisturizing conditioner afterward.

Irresistible

michelle3147 said:
Has anyone ever used two protein treatments right after each other? I am wondering because I wanted to use Nexxus Keraphix and then go straight to Aubreys GPB without a moisturizing conditioner afterward.
I would be very carefull of too much protien without a moisturizing conditioner somewhere in there. why do you want to use two different kinds back to back? I mean doesnt one give you enough of the protein?

bocagirl

I have used Dudley's DRC followed by Sebastian Penetraitt or Nexxus Emergencee. I always follow with a moisturising conditioner though.

Nice

What are the benefits of using two protein treamtents one right after the other? :confused:

Angelicus

Irresistible said:
I would be very careful of too much protien without a moisturizing conditioner somewhere in there. why do you want to use two different kinds back to back? I mean doesnt one give you enough of the protein?

Um, Miss Irresistible, where did you come from? :lol:

I agree with Iris that you don't need to do this. It wastes time, money and conditioner :yep:

Jewell

Too much protein=brittle, breaking hair. The point of moisturizing is to soften the hair, to keep it from being brittle. I would just do one or the other. I use Nexxus Keraphix every week once a week, and I don't see any need to use more protein or less. Its just the right amount of protein, not hardcore. I'm scared to ever try Emergencee. I don't have any reason to, though.

star

Some people mix proteins if they are two types of proteins such as yours. If you check out Nexxus page below they have an omin pak which they mix three of there protein condtioners in one. They use heavy, meduium and light protein together since they all are different proteins doing different things to the hair. See this page: http://nexxusproducts.com/prescription/omnipak.phtml

So you can mix proteins but how often you do this is probaly is the key. :)

greenidlady1

Looks like they mixed a protein and moisturizing conditioner together in the treatment. Unless you have severe breakage, the two proteins together might be too much especially without moisture after.

VelvetRain

Thanks. I am going to see what happens after I try the two back to back. Although I will be sure to do a moisturizing rx after. I am only considering doing this at least a week before touch up so my hair is in a strong state.

bajanplums1

I think it is ok to mix conditioners. But I would be wary of using too much proteins without moisturizing. It will likely cause breakage. Definitely use a good moisturizing conditioner in your line. I agree that the Omnipak is great becayse you get 2 moisturizers--humectress & the fatty oils mixed with 2 proteins--keraphix & epitome.