Puff Cuff-New Accessory for Puffs

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I haven't broken one yet, but I have had the second side pop across the room. The last time I tried to get my hair into a banana clip bun, my SO had to hold my hair so I could close it. It is always a moment of panic :lol:

Yes! This is what I mean. If I can even get the hinge to close :rolleyes: otherwise the leg just pops off before I secure it or the hinge breaks on one side and I gotta throw it away

nlamr2013

Ope lol I should have read the entire thread thanks! KCcurly an faithVA
Yaaas headed to amazon as soon as I get to my cpu.

Eta eek 12 bucks for 1? I'll wait for more reviews lol I'm a student I can't waste anything

msdeevee

The reviews mean nothing to me. The 1st lady was clueless and the 2nd lady was nondescript. Saying it didn't meet my expectations without saying what your expectations are, is a fail. However, looking at the product, I would probably rate it a 3 because it isn't that attractive and it isn't adjustable. The large size looks very large and on the video the girl tried to high it with her hair. With that being said, I think it has to be better than the shoe string which pulls out my hair and the knee high which is hard to adjust or the goody band which squeezes out my brain.

Since you ladies have them coming in so soon, I will definitely wait for the reviews so I know whether I should get the 5" or wait for the 3"

Thanks for the encouragement faithVA. Seeing her prototype was very surprising to me because that's exactly the idea I had . First I love hair accessories and I have a ton of banana clips in all colors & patterns. They were great when my hair was relaxed but no Bueno on my tightly coiled, thick 4c hair. I cannot even attempt to wrap one of those things on a puff so I thought at least 3 years back that the natural hair mkt is so big now someone needs to create a banana clip big enough for our hair. Then I said why not me? But like I said upthread I'm a procrastinator so They beat me to it. Also, now that this is out I'm sure some Asians are cranking them out as we speak. I would have done them differently though.

I always go by reviews especially on Amazon. I do a lot of reviews on Amazon and I find them not to be biased . You read the good with the bad. If I do a bad review I don't go back & see it gone. I have had vendors email me & ask me to to accept a refund or whatever in exchange for removing my review. I find the first review to be honest and open. She didn't have to come back & update. I buy from Amazon a lot based on the reviews.

faithVA

Thanks for the encouragement faithVA. Seeing her prototype was very surprising to me because that's exactly the idea I had . First I love hair accessories and I have a ton of banana clips in all colors & patterns. They were great when my hair was relaxed but no Bueno on my tightly coiled, thick 4c hair. I cannot even attempt to wrap one of those things on a puff so I thought at least 3 years back that the natural hair mkt is so big now someone needs to create a banana clip big enough for our hair. Then I said why not me? But like I said upthread I'm a procrastinator so They beat me to it. Also, now that this is out I'm sure some Asians are cranking them out as we speak. I would have done them differently though.

I always go by reviews especially on Amazon. I do a lot of reviews on Amazon and I find them not to be biased . You read the good with the bad. If I do a bad review I don't go back & see it gone. I have had vendors email me & ask me to to accept a refund or whatever in exchange for removing my review. I find the first review to be honest and open. She didn't have to come back & update. I buy from Amazon a lot based on the reviews.

I think you should still go for it. People keep designing clothes, hair dryers, rollers, brushes even though there are plenty on the market. Just because one is out there doesn't mean there isn't enough for another, especially if it is different. The Asian market will just create a cheaper knockoff of hers.

As far as reviews, I didn't think it was biased, for my own purchase I felt lit was not informative about the product. It didn't work and it didn't meet my needs doesn't tell me anything. Why didn't it work? What were you needs? Saying it doesn't work doesn't tell me whether you the consumer is the issue or the product.

CheChe1881

Oooo I soooo want to try this. I love my puffs big and poofy and the regular ponytail holders make my puff to tight and makes it appear smaller.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
A medium sized cuff will be out this spring for those of us needing a a slightly smaller cuff.

HanaKuroi

MileHighDiva said:
HanaKuroi

Did you receive your cuffs, yet? If so, are they seamless? TIA

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I got them on Friday.

It has seams but they don't feel sharp. I will file them down though.

What I found interesting was the puffcuff isn't made in China but the USA!!!! Yay!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

*Frisky*

I got them on Friday.

It has seams but they don't feel sharp. I will file them down though.

What I found interesting was the puffcuff isn't made in China but the USA!!!! Yay!

Awesome so I don't mind supporting.

I ordered this weekend and should get it on Thursday according to the shipping notice.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im patiently waiting on the puff cuff jr. I want one in every size:yep:

My puff cuff should be here by the weekend. Im so excited!

Last edited:

Ann0804

But why does it have to be shipped in an envelope? Mine looks used- it's all scratched up and looks like something from the dollar store. In the near future I hope the product is shipped in a small box to prevent damage from occurring.

Once I take my twists down I will give it a try.

faithVA

But why does it have to be shipped in an envelope? Mine looks used- it's all scratched up and looks like something from the dollar store. In the near future I hope the product is shipped in a small box to prevent damage from occurring.

Once I take my twists down I will give it a try.

All the hair accessories I have ordered in the past 2 years have come in an envelope. I just received 2 today in an envelope.

Now that doesn't explain why it is scratched. The envelope should be padded or the accessory wrapped properly to prevent damage.

Was it wrapped at all?

HanaKuroi

I ordered two. Each was sealed individually in plastic bags. I can't remember if it came in one of those fold over boxes or envelopes. Neither one was scratched or damaged.

Last edited:

Ann0804

All the hair accessories I have ordered in the past 2 years have come in an envelope. I just received 2 today in an envelope.

Now that doesn't explain why it is scratched. The envelope should be padded or the accessory wrapped properly to prevent damage.

Was it wrapped at all?

It was just in a padded envelope placed in a small plastic baggie. My other amazon hair accessories have come in a small box and those items were not breakable so I was disappointed in the packaging. I did write amazon about my problem/ concern. Hopefully they start to package the product better.

Ann0804

I ordered two. Each was sealed individually in plastic bags. I can't remember if it came in one of those fold over boxes or envelopes. Neither one were scratched or damaged.

I'm going to ask for a replacement.

faithVA

I ordered two. Each was sealed individually in plastic bags. I can't remember if it came in one of those fold over boxes or envelopes. Neither one were scratched or damaged.

I ordered two other hair accessories. They came today. They were wrapped the same. I didn't think anything off it because like I said everything I've ordered in the past 2 years came that way even from other companies. The only time I get a box is if I order something larger with it.

reeko43

I may buy but I may need a smaller one. Can we see some pictures when you guys start using the PuffCuff?

Michelle1971

I received it after ordering it yesterday.
I love Amazon :lol:
It fits well. I can't even tell it's there.
It was a little difficult to get on as this is day 3 of a wash n go and my hair is pretty shrunk. I will try and get a pic soon.

faithVA

I received it after ordering it yesterday.
I love Amazon :lol:
It fits well. I can't even tell it's there.
It was a little difficult to get on as this is day 3 of a wash n go and my hair is pretty shrunk. I will try and get a pic soon.

Nice. Thanks for the update. I'm going to have to wear my hair out just to try it :yep:

*Frisky*

I received mine today. It has a few scratches on it but nothing major. Probably from the actual making of the product. I am sure the plastic that they use is pretty economical. There are some sharp spots in the spot where you clamp it together. I filed it with a nail file.

faithVA

The email said mine would be here Saturday. My hair will be twisted up by then but hopefully I can try it out before the end of the month.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I'm going to need the smaller one! Can someone please post when the smaller ones are available? Thx :grin: