Puff on Transitioning Hair: Success!

davisbr88

I finally was able to get a good puff on my hair, even though my ends are relaxed. I tried some before but they ended up looking more like limp, curly ponytails. I finally got a puff-puff! Yay!

(SN: This puff isn't that tight. I have very fine hair, so my edges have been this way my entire life)

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBuOnvqpMQ

Attachments

• Photo 80.jpg
    Photo 80.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Photo 85.jpg
    Photo 85.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo 86.jpg
    Photo 86.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

LadyMacgyver

That is too Cute.. I wish I could get my ponytails that high all that NG kind of stopping me from going up too high..:blush:

Pompous Blue

Girl, if I could have achieved a puff like yours when I was transitioning, I would have transitioned longer. Your title is right! SUCCESS!! It is too cute....Love it!

davisbr88

Well, what's really funny is that when I was making my ponytail puffs before, I was doing a Twist-n-Curl with maybe 8-10 twists using a curly butter or gel or something. Last night, I was trying the method of co-washing and detangling in 4 quadrants, so I ended up with 4 big braids and thought, what the hey, and just put cold wave rods on the ends. Didn't use any type of product. I took them out this morning with Vatika Oil and fluffed and my hair got HUGE. Put it back with a headband and that's it.

Last edited:

davisbr88

That is too Cute.. I wish I could get my ponytails that high all that NG kind of stopping me from going up too high..:blush:
I will be 11-months post in 2 days, so I have lots of NG too! You should be able to do a puff! Lots of naturals do them, and their hair is ALL curly. Lol.

Girl, if I could have achieved a puff like yours when I was transitioning, I would have transitioned longer. Your title is right! SUCCESS!! It is too cute....Love it!
Thank you!

candigyrl0830

How do you get ur puff to look so...puff-like??? Does that make sense??? lol.. i guess what i mean is, i feel like if i was to attempt that, my relaxed ends would just fall like a pony tail instead of forming the actual puff and then it would just look like a braid out that i put up in a ponytail. Do you think that maybe I just don't have enough new growth yet? And what do you use to tie ur hair back for the puff?

davisbr88

How do you get ur puff to look so...puff-like??? Does that make sense??? lol.. i guess what i mean is, i feel like if i was to attempt that, my relaxed ends would just fall like a pony tail instead of forming the actual puff and then it would just look like a braid out that i put up in a ponytail. Do you think that maybe I just don't have enough new growth yet? And what do you use to tie ur hair back for the puff?

Check post #12 :)
I'll probably make a vid of me doing it tomorrow though. :)

L.Brown1114

ADORABLE!!! if my ends wernt shot when i was relaxed and i could have done that puff i too would have transitioned longer!!

davisbr88

Your dimples! :infatuated: And I like your puff too!
Hahahaha. Thanks! They're a blessing and a curse. They're my best assets - everyone loves them.... BUUUUUUT then people love them so much they like to stick their grubby fingers in them and they make my already baby-looking face look even younger. I'm the only adorable 22-year-old on the planet. :lachen: