YAY! I did it JCoily! A PONY PUFF!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Being able to put my hair into a pony puff on wet hair has been one of my goals as a natural head.... Today, I was finally able to achieve it with the help of JCoily! :D A month ago when I tried to do a pony puff, the ouchless band wrapped around twice would give me a headache! Now, I am able to sport this style without a headache! :yay: It's not that big but it's an optimal size for me given the length of my hair.

I have also decided to co-wash or co-rinse daily and sport a wash n go puff consistently like BlackCardinal. :Blush2:

Anyway, you can just check out my new avatar for the pic of my pony puff! I don't have pics in my album yet... I'll upload pics in my album soon when I get around to it. ETA: I have uploaded pics in my album. I'm just sooo happy.... just wanted to share with you all! Take care! :)

Last edited:

Poohbear

asummertyme said:
Looks great, looks like we did the big chop around the same time too! how did you manage to do it?

This is what I did after receiving help from JCoily, but I did it slightly different than what she suggested...

I parted in 4 sections with shampoo. I detangled each section with a Jilbere Shower Comb. As soon as I got done with one section, I put the ouchless band back on that section, and did the next section.

When all four sections were finished, I rinse my hair with the ouchless bands still in, applied Suave Humectant conditioner, washed my body, then rinsed again. The bands keep my hair from re-tangling and puffing up. After I got out of the shower, I applied S-Curl to each section, took all 4 ouchless bands out, brushed the hair back, and secured the puff with an ouchless head band wrapped around twice, which was previously soaked in oil.

HTH!!! ;)

bludacious

Pooh, very nice... I'm keeping my eye on your album...I was transitioning but I wanted to go short first before starting over...I am back with my transitioning...

Poohbear

bludacious said:
Pooh, very nice... I'm keeping my eye on your album...I was transitioning but I wanted to go short first before starting over...I am back with my transitioning...
Giirrrllll, you look great with your short hair cut! :up: And you look so different than when I last saw you... all sophisticated and everythang! Best wishes to you while you transition again! :)

ThursdayGirl

I am going ot try this on my next wash! I should have a puff, but I can never get it right. This just might work! thanks ladies

lovelymissyoli

Poohbear your puff looks GREAT :clap:! I've wanted to do any kind of puff for the longest time but when I chopped I still chopped my previous layers into my hair so I have a lot of varying lengths that prevent me from pulling all of my hair back :(.

Poohbear

lovelymissyoli said:
Poohbear your puff looks GREAT :clap:! I've wanted to do any kind of puff for the longest time but when I chopped I still chopped my previous layers into my hair so I have a lot of varying lengths that prevent me from pulling all of my hair back :(.

Thank you!

I have a lot of varying lengths too, anywhere from 5.5 to 6.0 inches. If you look closely, I have some hairs hanging down in my nape area that aren't long enough to stay up. But I'm sure they will lay down with the rest of my hair now that I have a scarf wrapped around it right now. ;)

asummertyme

Poohbear said:
This is what I did after receiving help from JCoily, but I did it slightly different than what she suggested...

I parted in 4 sections with shampoo. I detangled each section with a Jilbere Shower Comb. As soon as I got done with one section, I put the ouchless band back on that section, and did the next section.

When all four sections were finished, I rinse my hair with the ouchless bands still in, applied Suave Humectant conditioner, washed my body, then rinsed again. The bands keep my hair from re-tangling and puffing up. After I got out of the shower, I applied S-Curl to each section, took all 4 ouchless bands out, brushed the hair back, and secured the puff with an ouchless head band wrapped around twice, which was previously soaked in oil.
;)

hey thanx for telling me how to do it..i tried a few weeks ago, when i took out my braids, but that didnt work..i will try it your way when i take out my weave...thanx!

scorpian

Looks beautiful!!! I'm going to try your sectioning method on my daughter's puff soon.She has tight shrinkage around the nape that's the hardest part to get into a puff.

Poohbear, are you using the scurl diluted or full strength?

Last edited:

MissJ

It's gorgeous! :love: I saw it in your avatar yesterday and went to your album to see more of the puff. It wasn't there. Thanks for the update!

Poohbear

Thanks ladies!

MissJ said:
It's gorgeous! I saw it in your avatar yesterday and went to your album to see more of the puff. It wasn't there. Thanks for the update!

I have uploaded pics in my album now. I did it this morning before coming to work. :)

Poohbear

scorpian said:
Looks beautiful!!! I'm going to try your sectioning method on my daughter's puff soon.She has tight shrinkage around the nape that's the hardest part to get into a puff.

Poohbear, are you using the scurl diluted or full strength?

I'm using it full strength.

But I do not use a lot of S-Curl. I just pump it like 6-8 times in my hands, rub my hands together, and then apply it to my hair. ;)