Question about brushing

makeupgirl

Hello,

Ok so I haven't been combing my hair except when detangling in the shower doing co-washes, but I was wondering about brushing. Is it ok to brush. I've just been brushing my hair to smooth it when I put my hair in my ponytail for baggy and for my half wigs but I was beginning to wonder if this was ok or if this was too much for my hair. I need all the help I can get since I'm really serious about transitioning to natural and growing my hair past my collarbone. Thanks in advance for your help. :grin:

Nonie

A lot of people use brushes and I like them. Personally, I don't trust them. Seems to me like they'd rip at hair. When I have to put my hair back in a pony puff, I use a comb to comb backward, then use my hands to smooth the hair back, then use the elastic band to further smooth the hair back as it slides back.

I'm not too bothered by flyaways, but if I were, I'd rub gel between my hands and smooth it over my hair to press and "lock" the flyaways down. So I'm one of those who doesn't like brushes, and have never used them extensively in my hair. I have only used brushes to "comb" the peppercorns in my nape to create a neat appearance.

When I was a kid, my mom would use a brush to tidy up old cornrows ie brush flyaways back where they belong for an extra day's wear or so. My hair would be greased so after brushing them, when she tied a scarf for the night, I'd awake to very neat-looking cornrows for school.

What peppercorns am I talking about, you ask?
These beady beads at my nape:

After my hair was pressed, they still looked the same but a brush helped them blend in:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i use the Jilbere (spelling?) baby brush on wet hair-it's very gentle
but i rely more on gel and a scarf to get those edges