Question About Daily Moisturizing

civic4800

When you moisturize daily, are you applying the moisturizing to your ends and sealing w/oil, applying moisturizing to the hair shaft and ends & sealing or applying from roots/ng to the ends and sealing? I've only been doing the ends but some reason I think I'm supposed to be doing more than that but I'm not quite sure what:perplexed. Anyway, TIA.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I part my hair from ear to ear, then mix coconut oil and moisturizer in my hand, rub my hands together, and rub the mixture in from root to tip.

MrsJersey

I use mango butter to moisturize. I moisturize from root to tip but I pay more attention to my ends. Then I use my coconut oil on my ends to seal. HTH.

HoneyDew

Honestly, I just moisturize according to my hair's needs at the time. If it is pretty moist, I just dab a bit on my ends, or none at all, before going to bed.

If my hair is extra dry, like after I've used protein or henna, I will put it on the entire section root to tip, or really whatever my hair needs.

I don't really seal with oil because it seems to make my hair dirtier faster, but on occasion I will use a tiny bit.

mscocoface

It depends, I moisturize by many different methods.

Letting water hit my hair when I shower or sometimes just placing my head under the shower to get some water in it, hair cream that I have created, oil/water spritz, or my homemade conditioner leave in spritz as well as cowashes.