Question About Gifts

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ladies:

As a Christian do you find it offensive to receive Money as a gift?

I was watching TV and several women remarked being offended because their husbands (or boyfriend) gave them money instead of shopping for an actual gift.

Personally, it would not offend me as I can buy what I really want. He could gift wrap the money, if he wants. :look:

How about you? Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I wouldn't find it offensive at all, he wouldnt even need to gift wrap it, lol..

but, I wouldn't always want to receive monetary gifts, l'd like to know that some real thought and care went into selecting a gift for me.

Nice & Wavy

No, I'm never offended by it. I ask dh for money so I could buy what I want and it feels the same as if he purchased it himself!

momi

Hmmm.... I would say I'd rather receive money than some random gift that I didn't want. Generally I make it pretty clear what I'd like or add it to my Amazon wish list. LOL

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies thank you so much. Last night I crashed at 7 p.m.; slept through the night. I'm sorry for not being here to respond sooner.

I thought I was the 'only' one who preferred money. :look: :lol:

I do love gifts, especially with the wrapping, the boxes and the pretty ribbions and bows.

At work, my bosses know not to give me flowers; so they give me gift cards instead from my favorite stores.

Question: What are your favorite things to buy with gift money?

I love buying shoes, dresses, silk scarves, pretty underwear. Forgive me for the TMI with that one. :blush:

JaneBond007

Ladies:

As a Christian do you find it offensive to receive Money as a gift?

I was watching TV and several women remarked being offended because their husbands (or boyfriend) gave them money instead of shopping for an actual gift.

Personally, it would not offend me as I can buy what I really want. He could gift wrap the money, if he wants. :look:

How about you? Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I think that some people want to see the effort he expended and the thoughtfulness (reading into her etc.) to get a gift he thinks she may like :giggle: I don't mind money, but eh, I'd like a gift to be something a person spent time getting. Of course, who hates money? LOL.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I think that some people want to see the effort he expended and the thoughtfulness (reading into her etc.) to get a gift he thinks she may life :giggle: I don't mind money, but eh, I'd like a gift to be something a person spent time getting. Of course, who hates money? LOL.

That's 'special' and I agree that it feels very nice when he takes the time to shop and brings home something that he felt was a nice gift. You make a very good point here. :yep:

I just feel so bad when someone buys me something and I end up not really 'liking' it and then I have to tell them. :nervous2: It's a waste of their money to keep it and not use or wear it. I feel so badly when this happens.