Question about switching relaxers

S

Stylepink

HELP!!! My hair dresser is ill and has refered me to another hair dresser to do my hair. I am in deperate need of a retouch. I'm 12 weeks post relaxer. I talked to this lady and she sounds really nice and didn't cringe when I grilled her about how she does hair, so I'm willing to give her a try. My question is: My current hairdresser uses Revlon Lye and this new lady states she has used Motions no lye for sensitive scalps for the past 10 years with no problem. Should I worry about switching brands of relaxers? I would hate to loose a year and a half of growth on one bad experience. Help!
confused.gif

I nevcer thought of that, maybe I should ask her. Do you think the change in relaxer would hurt my hair?

Im no expert but I think its best to stick with what you know works, especially if you would be going from lye to no lye. Your Revlon can be bought anywhere, right? If it were Affirm or something it would be harder to get any you may have to get what they have, but if you have access to it, I would stay with that one. just my 2 cents!:)

Back