Question about texturizing!!

ToriLynn

Natural with a question about texturizing!!

I've testurized my hair twice..And neither time gave me the results I really wanted. The first time it was ok.. My hair just felt over processed.. U kno.. Fried ,dried, and crispy... The second time u used a different brand.. A kiddie texturizer, and it straightened my hair too much!! I later found that I used it improperly.

My hair grows out and I would love for it to lay down as it gets longer [bsb, mbl, longer? Lol]. I would also like to do rollersets without having to straighten my roots.. For all that I could just flat iron it and create a curl lol.. Anyway have any of you beauties ever receive great with texturizers, without the processed feelin or damage?.. If so, how did you do it? What products did you use? Pics are welcomed :yep:

Last edited:
OP having watched like a million YouTube vids when I was thinking of texlaxing these are the tips that I gleaned from the women who successfully texlaxed;

(1) They used a mild relaxer or slowed down their relaxer with natural oils or condish.
(2) The smoothed as opposed to combing, that way they did not get the dried and freind effect you speak of but rather elongation of their existing curl pattern as opposed to the complete disentigration of it. The way that lye and no lye relaxers work is not to actually break down the bonds. Rather they are at such a high pH that your culticles lift and then you are then able to reshape your hair i.e. by straughtening it. As such gentle smoothing as opposed to combing will texlax and not completely bonelax your hair.
(3) They left the relaxer on for about 10 - 15 mins max. This is where the strand test comes in.
(4) They neutralised like crazy and treated their hair as if it had been FULLY relaxed.

I later decided against texlaxing bc I realized it would need great commitment which I am not yet ready for. Maybe when I have grown out my hair a bit :scratchch

OP maybe look into the phyto line. Maybe index 1 will give you the results you're looking for

Yes I did! And I mean "texturized" not texlaxed as there is a difference. I used S-Curl about two months ago and it came out perfect! Now, if you really mean texlaxing, well I know a few women on the board who use Revlon relaxer and it seems to work well for them.

Yes I did! And I mean "texturized" not texlaxed as there is a difference. I used S-Curl about two months ago and it came out perfect! Now, if you really mean texlaxing, well I know a few women on the board who use Revlon relaxer and it seems to work well for them.

What's the difference? Here I am thinking they were the same lol.. How did the behavior of ur hair change afterwards [styling wise] ? Do you happen to have pics? I don't want too much of a difference.. I just want it to lay down and have a bit of movement

Back