Question Fellow Affirm Users

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
After the relaxer is rinsed--then the 5 in 1(or positive link or a mixture of the two) is applied. Then the neutralizing shampoo is applied several times. After the neutralizing poo, should the hair be conditioned again? My current stylist doesn't condition again after the neutralizing poo, but my last one did. Is one way correct?

Kitkat

Hi Supergirl!

I don't know if one way is correct, but conditioning again after the neutralizing shampoo certainly can't hurt. I haven't permed my hair in almost 5 months, so I can barely remember whether or not I did. I think that I conditioned a second time. Others who have relaxed more recently might be able to weigh in with a more definitive opinion.

cutebajangirl

The steps don't have another conditioning after the neutralizer but like KitKat said it certainly couldn't hurt and when I relax my hair I do the extra condition.

kitchen_tician

I do my own perms and I always do another conditioner after the neutralizing poo. The salons in the past always did another conditioner with heat as well after the neutralizing poo. Like KitKat said, I don’t know if one is correct, but I just like having that extra conditioner after the neutralizing poo. Oh yeah, sometimes I use the 5 n 1 as conditioner after the poo.

Haleni

When I was going to the salon, my stylist didn't condition again, my hair was fine. I usually don't, but since my hair is recoving from a bad color, I do condition again. I don't think it would hurt either way.

hondahoney007

When I go to the dominican salon the stylist conditions again with a conditioner/detangler. She applies the conditioner(I think dominican), combs it thru then rinses it out.