Question for Lanza Protein Plus users......HELP!!!

karly

Hello Ladies,

Do any of you know if the old Lanza protein plus formula is still available? I've been looking everywhere and I can't find it.

Also, has anyone tried to new formula, and if so, is there a difference?

I havent seen the old formula anywhere(they discontinued that in December I think). I have used the new formula and liked it, even though I dont use it that much since I mostly do co washes. I think the big debate was whether or not the SLS ingredient in the new formula would dry out the hair. I personally havent found that to be the case..Hope that helps.

But where do you live?

If in NY then its at the Rickys on 8th street off of Broadway. I also saw it at the Rickys on 23rd street off 8th Avenue.

I've not tried the new formula but I believe it now contains an SLS ingredient which I'm staying away from. From what I understand from users, the older one just performs better too.

E-mail customer service at metrobeauty.com. and see if they still have the old formula. They are good about getting back to you in a timely manner. Several months ago when brh told us that they were changing the formula, I ordered two 33 oz bottles from metrobeauty and it was the old sles free formula. I told them to cancel my order if all they had was the new formula. (They weren't even aware that there was a new formula!)

I also have two of the 33 ounce sizes of the OLD formula (thank goodness).
smile.gif
I got them from Metro Beauty back in December or so.

Now I know what they say about buying a product from a "salon," and how any product NOT purchased there my not be authentic. But since you inquired, Mejeir's Stores carry Lanza Protein Shampoo, Conditioner and a few of their other products. Mejeir's also carries Nexxus Products. HTH

Blessings,
Compassion

Thanks for the responses. I called metrobeauty and they only have the new formula. Do you know if Ricky's will send it to me? I'm from MI.

Gentle quetion: why bother looking for a shampoo that is discontinued? Try finding another good shampoo that is in abundant supply...

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses. I called metrobeauty and they only have the new formula. Do you know if Ricky's will send it to me? I'm from MI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I'm not sure. I would call them if I were you and ask. You could do a salon locator search on lanza.com to find a list of suppliers in your area and I'd literally call each one until I found the one that is still selling the pale blue bottle. Not the grey one.

I don't know about protein but I like the following shampoos:

Elucence Clarifying followed by Elucence Moisture balancing shampoo

or

Aveda's Shampure....

Sorry I can't be more help..

Back