Paging: All Lanza Protein Plus shampoo users!!!

This is to let you know that I just recently found out that Lanza has changed the formula of this shampoo as of December.

I called Lanza at work and I had my own small bottle with me while on the phone with them to compare ingredients. Firstly the bottle that the lady had on the phone was in slightly different packaging (its more gray) so they've changed that PLUS I asked them to check if there's an SLS ingredient in it and she told me yes. Its the second ingredient /images/graemlins/shocked.gif The current second ingredient in the old bottle that know and love is a coconut surfuctant/ingredient. I know alot of girls, me included, try avoiding SLS products which are known to be generally more drying.

Please be careful to get the CORRECT Lanza Protein Plus shampoo since they're obviously going to phase out the old one (which I LOVE) and replace with this new one with the SLS in it. Like I said, they changed it in December so its been found out early.

The one I have is pictured in my profile under shampoos (2nd from left) and reads on the front:

L'anza
Curls & Color
Hair Repair Formula

Protein Plus Shampoo

Its in a pearlised sky blue bottle with either a darker blue top (pictured) or a white transparent frosted top. If yours has SLS in it and is in a gray-ish bottle then you have the new one.

Now that I just found out that the formula has changed I have bought a stock pile of the original formula shampoo that I love /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Now isn't this a typical example of your favourite products being phased out? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Please be careful to not get the wrong one....

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Now isn't this a typical example of your favourite products being phased out?

[/ QUOTE ] That's so true. I often wonder, if you have a winning formula, why change it? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks for the heads up--I'm going to buy a liter bottle this weekend and guard it like gold!

londongirl3

Another reason is because consumers like shampoos that foam. SLS is good at that. I don't know why people think that the more bubbles, the better? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

moni

I think BRH hit the nail right on the head. 'For the love of money....', would continue but well.....you know the song. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/band2.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Paging: All Lanza Protein Plus shampoo users!!

LET'S PROTEST /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Allandra

I just checked my bottle. I have the version without the sls. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess I purchased mine right on time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pebbles

Pebbles.

Money. That's usually the reason. SLS is a cheaper ingredient

[/ QUOTE ] That's really too bad. Even if they wanted to raise the price a little, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind paying a little more to keep it SLS free.

londongirl3, as for more foaming, you're probably right about that too. A lot of people think that if it doesn't give a lot of bubbles, your hair isn't getting clean. I don't think that way though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

sassygirl125 said:
/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks for the heads up--I'm going to buy a liter bottle this weekend and guard it like gold!

[/ QUOTE ]
Sassygirl, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I just contacted my online source for L'anza. If they have any of the old formula left, I too will be ordering the liter size. Hmph, AND guarding it like gold! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

free2bme

That's right, it is for the love of money. Companies also bank on the fact that the avg customer isn't saavy enough to tell the difference. Take ORS, they've started slipping mineral oil into their products on the sly. They used to market themselves as a mineral oil-free products when they first came out. What a shame!!! The lesson to be learnt here is be vigilant!! /images/graemlins/nono.gif

azul11

i just wrote to lanza telling them that we are a new generations of consumers who read labels and who no longer accept products that dont have quality ingredients. my email was rather long but the point was that they should realize that changing the formula and adding something we have learned that doesnt agree with us isnt going to cut it. God bless you all.

Tracy

Thanks for posting this to the board BRH. And your detective work too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Allandra, you were lucky. The investigation began because I purchased a bottle of the Lanza from that site you recommended to me. Someone on the board asked about SLS free shampoos, and I recommended Lanza. I checked the new bottle that came from my online delivery of Lanza products, and saw that the litre size I had recieved DID have the SLS. I went into the garbage and fished out my old 10oz. I purchased in a salon in the city - and it had none.

I should have known something was off when I got my large bottle in the mail. The packaging was different and my hair just didn't feel the same...I was crushed at the discovery of the shocking truth... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I told BRH, and the Sherlock Holmes mission began. Allandra, I was waiting to tell you so that I didn't falsely accuse the website for selling fishy products before I had evidence. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I was kind of hoping actually that this was the case and not that the product was being discontinued! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Now the sad, but true, story is out. I cleaned out a local salon of all their litre sized bottles and am on the hunt for more...

May the force be with me... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

azul11, good for you in writing to Lanza.

I'm thinking of doing so also as I have been a fan of their shampoo for so long and they'd be losing a loyal customer as well as others, now that the word is out and customers notice a difference in their hair (which they may do like Tracy did).

Allandra

I got the 16.9 ounce (?) size. I guess if I had ordered the liter size, I would have gotten the one with sls as well (glad I didn't). Oh well. I won't bother going further into checking out the liter size bottle at the VIP Salon website. /images/graemlins/nono.gif I haven't put much of a dent at all into my bottle of (because a little does goe a long way imo) Protein Plus shampoo. So, hopefully I'll find some without the sls way before I run out. Oh well. Another good hair care product being changed.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Metro Beauty Center has the old sles-free formula.
I went to two salons to get a liter sized bottle and they were the sles version. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I ordered a liter bottle from metrobeauty.com asking them to make sure it was the sles-free one or to cancel my order. I got it in the mail today and it was the old formula.

azul11

wow thanks for the link. i was going to buy some at trade secrets but i dont want to have to carry bottles and bottles of hair shampoo around with me. God bless you all.

Allandra

sassygirl125 said:
Metro Beauty Center has the old sles-free formula.
I went to two salons to get a liter sized bottle and they were the sles version. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I ordered a liter bottle from metrobeauty.com asking them to make sure it was the sles-free one or to cancel my order. I got it in the mail today and it was the old formula.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank You. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

I JUST ordered two 33.8 ounce size bottles. I asked the lady a zillion times about it being the correct products (w/o the sls). She had not heard about L'anza changing their formula, and she said that she would be giving them a call (to express her concern about changing a good thing). Thanks hon.

Allandra

Metro Beauty is pretty fast with their shipping. I received my 2 bottles of liter size L'anza Protein Plus shampoo today. Now it looks like I have enough shampoo for the next gazillion years. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lex_Artis

Re: Paging: All Lanza Protein Plus shampoo users!!

Good evening ladies....If you live in the Los Angeles area,

Trina's Beauty Salon &amp; Supply
4846 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019
Phone: (323) 931-1359

still has the original formula available. There were two liter size bottles on the shelf!

Have a great weekend!