Question for Phyto Users - Need Answers!!!!

Mystic

I was a self relaxer for the past year and I used Index 1. My hair has a lot of body but it was very dry (the ends) and rollersetting did not produce nice curls - the ends were too underprocessed.

I went to the salon recently and the hairdresser used Index 2 to relax. The root was very straight and looked really pretty. She blow dried and curled - the root was beautiful but the ends looked dry and kind of natural. While washing, I try to be careful with the ends but last night I felt a tear when I pulled the comb through - when I saw the hair in the comb I was pretty pissed!

My question for phyto users - have anyone moved from an underprocessed Index 1 to Index 2 and do a corrective relaxer from root to ends? Was this damaging on your hair? I called phyto rep and they are telling me that if I relax hair that is already relaxed, my hair will break and fall off - is this true? I cannot deal with the straight and underprocessed hair so I am either going to have to correct the mess or do a correction with a lye relaxer. I like phyto alot and I would prefer to correct it with this no lye product.

What advice can y'all give??????

sprungonhairboards

You can do a corrective relaxer without going bald. Unless you really know what you're doing and have your timing down perfect I wouldnt suggest doing it yourself. Especially with a stronger index, you run the risk of overprocessing.

The folks at Phyto gave you good advice. They don't wanna be responsible for telling you to do anything outside of manufacturers instructions for use. But it can be done.

Mystic

Thanks dear......

sprungonhairboards said:
You can do a corrective relaxer without going bald. Unless you really know what you're doing and have your timing down perfect I wouldnt suggest doing it yourself. Especially with a stronger index, you run the risk of overprocessing.

The folks at Phyto gave you good advice. They don't wanna be responsible for telling you to do anything outside of manufacturers instructions for use. But it can be done.