Question For Protein Experts

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I had a wash and set at the JC Penny salon last Monday, my stylist was white and we were making small talk about nexxus products, I told her that I use Nexxus Emergencee, she asked if I mixed it with a conditioner when I used it. I told her I mixed it with Humectree and she said good because using it alone will make the hair too soft. Is this true? I always thought using too much and not rinsing it out good enough would cause the hair to become hard and cause breakage. Could someone enlighten me on this issue.

Isis

ladydee36330 said:
I had a wash and set at the JC Penny salon last Monday, my stylist was white and we were making small talk about nexxus products, I told her that I use Nexxus Emergencee, she asked if I mixed it with a conditioner when I used it. I told her I mixed it with Humectree and she said good because using it alone will make the hair too soft. Is this true? I always thought using too much and not rinsing it out good enough would cause the hair to become hard and cause breakage. Could someone enlighten me on this issue.
I too always thought that using too much Emergencee or Keraphix makes the hair hard and brittle. Not rinsing it all out results in stiff hair, versus swingy, bouncy hair. That has been my experience anyway. Using Humectress afterwards restores the moisture and softness.
It is possible she was talking about her experiences with type 1 & 2 hair but I didn't think there would be much of a difference with the effect.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

Thanks ladies, maybe she was talking about with white hair. Sometimes I mix with humectree and use other times I use it alone and follow up with humectress.

BLESSED1

I thought too much moisture would make hair too soft. I just put like 1/2 a bottle of EVOO in my hair last night, CW'd with DDTA this morning and my hair was too soft I could barely brush it back, felt like it was melting. Won't do that again :nono: