Question for the NATURALS

girlyprincess23

I was just wondering did any naturals notice their texture change as their hair got longer. I was thinking that as your hair got longer your curls might elongate and you might not get as much scrinkage. Did any naturals notice this as their hair got longer?

I am not sure. I was taking pics of my hair not long ago and I saw some wave action going on in the front.

Of course I thought that was an illusion because my CNapp hair don't do that. So right now I have it in a protective style but I will be reviewing my hair very closely when I take it down and clean it.

So for now I think I see a change but won't confirm it until I see it again.:look::perplexed

okay talk about irony... yes my coils started to "hang" more as they grew out... now instead of big clumpy coils i have elongated S-waves that end in coils.

however... i still have EXACTLY 66% shrinkage... :look:

No, my hair still shrinks quite a bit, and my texture seems to have remained the same also.

my curls elongate & hang more the longer it gets... i'm also finding that i have to alter my routine
mine too.I have noticed a texture change but I'm not sure if it goes hand in hand with it getting longer.My hair waves all through out and slightly curls at the ends in some places.

Mine has changed I think it is due to henna treatment though

This is true for me too. Since I started using henna, my pattern has loosen and is not as tight, which reduces shrinkage, but makes for a very limp poof! It nice tho b/c my tangles have decreased considerably.

okay talk about irony... yes my coils started to "hang" more as they grew out... now instead of big clumpy coils i have elongated S-waves that end in coils.

however... i still have EXACTLY 66% shrinkage... :look:

My hair does hangs down more, and my curls are starting to become more waves. I still have 90% shrinkage though. I don't think that will eva change but that's ok:grin:

I was going to ask about this because I've noticed this myself...and it's frustrating. There isn't a huge difference in the back, but in the front/crown/and right above the nape, that hair is a funky straight/wavy/kinky/fuzzy pattern, almost like a looser 4b, and as it gets longer, it lies flatter. :ohwell: And I'm not trying to loose my type 4 curl pattern...:nono:

I've only noticed a texture change from the vitamins I consume (and that took well over a year)....I still have about 50 to 60% shrinkage (looser in the front, tighter in the back) :ohwell:

The texture changes I've noticed arent due to growth specifically, but the hair growing out being healthy and undamaged. When I first transitioned I was using heat to blend my ng and relaxed hair, so I had some heat damage, and then I was using some holders that were too rough for my hair. As it got long enough to pull back and protect from damage, and I was more careful rubbing up against pillows etc, the strands appear smoother, because they arent broken and split. I still have some damage, but most of it has been cut off. As my hair gets longer and heavier, it does "hang" better. Products with some weight help also.

Yep to the texture change. I think it's loss of protein at the ends that makes the waves less tight. (see my fotki to see what I'm talking about)

Back