Naturals with hair bra strap and longer...

bellydancer

I was just wondering how many naturals we have that have achieved bra strap or longer hair. So what is your routine ladies?

happylocks

One day Belly one day I will be able to answer that

My hair is a little past bra-clasp length when stretched. My routine:
I do a modified version of no-poo, meaning I only use shampoo once every 3-4 weeks. I don't use any type of heat on my hair, and I style my hair in two-stranded twists 90% of the time. I leave those in for at least a week, then I undo them and wear a twist-out for few more days.
My products:
Pre-shampoo treatment (1 hour with plastic cap, no heat)-
:Suave Coconut Conditioner
:Extra Virgin Olive Oil

My "staples"-
:Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo (once a month)
:pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo
:pantene Hydrating Curls Conditioner

Deep conditioner-
:LeKair Cholesterol Strengthening and Conditioning Creme

Styling-
:pantene Hydrating Curls Frizz-Control Treatment (aka Reviving Treatment)
:African Royale Hot Six Oil

nappi

if im not mistaken i bleieve a member on here den1 has somewhere close 2 waist lenght natural hair

Mahalialee4

Me, when it is stretched or wrapped. Under the Search button you will find the details of my journey and routine. Currently, I just wash it with shampoo every other week, condition wash in between as needed. I rinse with water and ACV, surge the lower part of my scalp, wrap till dry, spray with Biolage leave in or Infusium and take down on the third day and oil scalp and ends. Oil ends 2x week. In between shampoos, I keep it wrapped day and night except for when I take it down to oil. I spray with the leave in or Infusium 2x wk. It is very thick and growing. Length on the sides, to armpit, bangs below shoulders and from the of the tops of my shoulders where it hangs down the back, it is bra strap length. Since I am very full busted, I wear low line bras which means that the top of my brastrap would be below the lower part of some less endowed ladies.No chemicals, heat and rare brushing. No combing between shampoos or rinses. Hope this helps.Bonjour.

My hair is natural and it is several inches past bra-strap (when stretched), SLOWLY coming up on waist-length. I am just now settling into the routine that I hope will take me to waistlength by the end of the summer.

First, in terms of diet, I increased the amount of protein in the form of vegetable protein w/ modified amino acids (it actually makes a delicious shake) and lean meats. I am also drinking at least 48 ounces of water- hope to increase this to 64 soon.

I exercise for 45 minutes, five-six days a week (cardio and weights).

In order to keep manipulation to a minimum, I am styling once a week in either a rollerset or a twisted style (flat-twists/out or two-strand twists/out).

On wash days (Saturday mornings), I wash my scalp with CON Moisturizing Shampoo (dark green bottle), deep condition with carrot cholesterol for about 10 minutes, rinse, detangle w/ mixture of Suave Humectant and Suave Aromatherapy Cucumber and Melon, and style for the week (I don't use any prodcuts while twisting or rollersetting- I will smooth a little melted shea butter on the ends of my twists after they are done and Hot Six oil on my rollersets at night).

When I am not styling immediately afterwards, I spray on some Sta-Sof-Fro and it keeps the hair moisturized, which in turn helps curls/coils/waves stay defined. I then smooth the front and put some pins in for an asymmetrical look (unfortunately my hair flops instead of "fros" at this point, so this helps it to look more together).

I think the hardest thing at this point is to actually KEEP the same style for a week- I have the terrible habit of CONSTANTLY playing in my hair and getting tired of styles very quickly. I am determined to stick to this once-a-week regimen, though. In looking back, I realized that my hair seemed to grow "faster" when I had virtually no time and did very little with it outside of basic maintenance.

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
My hair is about 3 inches passed brastap stretched. Unstretched it's approaching bra strap.

My routine....condition washes at least 2 times a week.
aloe vera activator gel, leave in conditioner, mango butter/shea butter

the days i don't wash my hair is saturated with leave in conditoner

I wear a bun 95% of the time or some sort of protective style with my ends not exposed, and my hair is always wet....ego boost, vitamin a & d ointment on my ends.

wash my hair once a week with shampoo...usually a pre-treatment with avacado oil or olive oil. then conditioner....then some sort of protein if need...usually i'll use a heavy protein once a month.

zero tolerance hair diet...meaning no heat, no chemicals of any sort, no shs or any stylist for that manner...

Prettyinpink00

Saddity i absolutely loooooooovveeeeee you hair especially picture number 5 in your first album when it was black. Beautiful just Beautiful. Hairspiration to the fullest. Whats your hair type??

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
My hair is a little bit longer than bra strap when pulled down. I change my routine every now and then, but basically I wash once a week in the winter and a couple of times a week in the summer. This summer I'm aiming for conditioner washes every day or every other day.
I use shampoos for dry hair and I always use a heavy conditioner that I barely rinse out (I just count to ten and then stop rinsing). I always use a leave-in conditioner and a little olive oil or jojoba oil afterwards.
I brush my hair about once a week and detangle with my fingers the other days. I work out 4-5 times a week.
I usually wear my hair in a single braid or a ponytail and sometimes clipped up in a big twist/bun. I trim my hair every 8 weeks.
I think the key to success in my case is to just leave the hair alone as much as possible. It will grow. If it's healthy it WILL grow!

No heat, no chemicals, no violent brushing or tugging. The most important thing is not what you do with your hair, it's what you don't do. That's my philosophy. Good luck!

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Thank you so much pretty in pink, hair love, natural girl, and maestradiva.

I'm really not good with hair types...so I really don't know...if anyone can tell me that would be great.

Hairlove...i love your hair too...when i used to lurk I would look at you album all the time.

maestradiva...great growth process...awesome

inthepink

Saddity - thanks

Have you always been natural? What's your regimen? How long did it take you to go from the above shoulder curly do to your bra strap length curly do?

babyblue

My hair is bra strap if stretched out but shrinks to my shoulders when wet. My routine varies
*wash at least every 1-2 weeks with shampoo/deep cond
*Wash conditioner wash only when needed in between shampoos if hair needs it.
*(optional) on shampoo day pre treat hair beforehand with a mix of cholesterol and olive oil (sometimes add honey too)
*Detangle with wide tooth comb once a week, all other times i use my fingers.
*I use a heavy product on my ends like shea butter, proclain 7 oil or grease and put my hair up into a bun or some sort of knot. I also wear twists a lot and when i do i wear them for 3-4 weeks. I moisturize as necessary.
*Clarify once a month with baking soda if needed

Irresistible

past bra strap

CO wash mostly as needed(about every two weeks, sometimes once a week , just depends), and only use shampoos on a as needed basis as well...I dont press more often than every two -three months...sometimes, its even longer in between presses. when i wear it pressed i only wear it that for a week or two tops. i use mostly natural oils and butters (all kinds) as needed to moisturize, which is very often. I trim or dust my ends only when i straighten...i use other products too, but none are a for sure staple yet. the main conditioner i use is CPR , everytime i do my hair.

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Hairlove-
Nope, I was not always natural...when my mother was doing my hair when I was younger my hair was nearly waist length unstretched (the good old days). Then I started doing my own hair....and wanted it bone straight like everyone else in school, So like a fool I went against my mother and got a relaxer. I came home after getting it done and my mother cried. At the time I didn't see what the big deal was. Then it was all down hill. My hair broke off between the excessive heat, scissor happy stylist, and lack of hair care to shoulder length. So I began to transition using braids, china bumps, two strand twist, and weaves.

It took my hair like 1 1/2 year from above shoulder length to bra stap
My regine now:

Friday/Saturday: Major wash day...
Pre-treat hair with olive oil...then shampoo and condition with one of the following: (pantene hydating curls shampoo and conditioner, deep brillance, vo5 nourshing oasis honey and almond shampoo and conditioner) This is the day I would use some sort of protein...once a month

one of these depending on my hair mood:
I like qp elasta breakage control serum..
deep brillance reconstructor...
bead head chocolate head
aphogee ,
hennalectulant.

I usually sleep in a deep conditioner after a protein treatment... like lekair- with aloe vera or some sort of avacado conditioner.

After my hair is washed I put in:
911 leave in conditioner
vo5 straberries and creame...sometimes
curl activitor gel
mango butter / shea butter
and ego boost on the ends.

then i conditoner wash during the week as needed..usually every two days.

Most of the time my hair is in a bun or a phony tail/baggie method.

And I used to take msm, epo, biotin, calcium and magneium, vitamin c, b-complex and womens ultrs mega....but right now i'm detoxing.

Wow, it took me a while to actually think what I do to my hair. It seems like a lot typing it...but really it comes in like second nature.

What's your regime like?

inthepink

Saddity, thanks for posting your regimen. I'm still transitioning so I will keep this short:
Shampoo and Condition once a week (weekend) - Nature's Gate & Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
CO-Wash once a week (weekday) - pretty much anything
Deep Condition with or without heat once a month - Skala
I always do the same thing after washing - apply leave-ins (Suave Awapuhi, Biolage Leave-In Tonic), then apply a moisturizer (currently using my own mix), a little gel.

I mostly wear ponytails and updos.

I have a more extensive regimen if you look for me under April 2004 Hair Feature.

cherish

A little past bottom of braclasp (when stretched)

Basic routine:
Wash 1 or 2 times weekly - doing a modified Curly Girl routine (shampoo every other week or so, condition wash the rest of the time), followed by deep condish (usually). Detangle in shower with comb/brush/fingers. Leave in is usually something watery/runny + a mixture of oils and shea butter.

Styles are the twistout, braidout or twists. Since early Spring, wearing these up in a bun or pony more often.

bellydancer

u'll get there happy locks. that's the point of this thread. i need some inspiration. my hair is like an inch above bra strap and it's stuck there! I know my hair can grow longer than that. i just need some tips and encouragement.

bellydancer

dang. baby blue! i know i already told u this many times before but u have the most beautiful natural i have ever seen.

TigerLily

[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
My hair is a little past bra-clasp length when stretched. My routine:
I do a modified version of no-poo, meaning I only use shampoo once every 3-4 weeks. I don't use any type of heat on my hair, and I style my hair in two-stranded twists 90% of the time. I leave those in for at least a week, then I undo them and wear a twist-out for few more days.
My products:
Pre-shampoo treatment (1 hour with plastic cap, no heat)-
:Suave Coconut Conditioner
:Extra Virgin Olive Oil

My "staples"-
:Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo (once a month)
:pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo
:pantene Hydrating Curls Conditioner

Deep conditioner-
:LeKair Cholesterol Strengthening and Conditioning Creme

Styling-
:pantene Hydrating Curls Frizz-Control Treatment (aka Reviving Treatment)
:African Royale Hot Six Oil

[/ QUOTE ]

Maestradiva, I love your hair!! You are my inspiration! Lookout, 'cause one day I'll catch up with you!! Brastrap or bust!!!

destiny55

Yeah this has been an inspiration

my hair is at arm pit length but on its way

babyblue you have beautiful hair...yes I am jealous
just kidding I am happy for you