Question for the Pibb Users?

janeemat

I'm thinking about purchasing a Pibbs hair dryer to cut down on my drying time. My questions are will I be able to do my deep conditioners using a plastic cap with this dryer and will I be able to do my aphoghee treatment with this dryer. I understand that a hair net should be used with this dryer since the heat pulls up. If I can't do my conditioner and treatments, I'm not going to purchase it. Please advise. Thanks!

civic4800

I deep condition w/plastic cap underneath a hairnet using my PIBBS every week. I've never aphogheed but if it requires you to sit under the dryer, then that shouldn't be a problem.
BTW, my PIBBS has been a lifesaver and one of the best purchases I've ever made.
HTH

Evazhair

I use a hairnet under the cap to condition like already said. For the hardcore aphogee, I would think it could work if you keep your hair up and under a net to go under there and I would rinse the aphogee out with the net still on until it is loose enough not to break off your hair.

janeemat

I deep condition w/plastic cap underneath a hairnet using my PIBBS every week. I've never aphogheed but if it requires you to sit under the dryer, then that shouldn't be a problem.
BTW, my PIBBS has been a lifesaver and one of the best purchases I've ever made.
HTH

So you tie the hair net over the plastic cap? The aphogee treatment is when you allow the hair to dry hard. It's a protein treatment, so you would not be able to tie a net on this.

Kari107

HTH

Same here. I've never done an aphogee treatment so I don't know if it requires a plastic cap or not but when I do my regular deep conditioning I just put a hair net over the cap. If I don't use a hair net the cap gets slowly sucked off my head.

janeemat

I use a hairnet under the cap to condition like already said. For the hardcore aphogee, I would think it could work if you keep your hair up and under a net to go under there and I would rinse the aphogee out with the net still on until it is loose enough not to break off your hair.

Now that's a thought.

civic4800

So you tie the hair net over the plastic cap?

The aphogee treatment is when you allow the hair to dry hard. It's a protein treatment, so you would not be able to tie a net on this.

Yeap, I tie the net over the plastic cap. If I don't do this, it feels like the PIBBS just might suck the cap off my head.
Ohhh right, I forgot the hair dries hard. Maybe you could put a net over the hard hair and then remove net after you've wet your hair down.